**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

BYOD not supported?

housechiefhousechief Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
I have a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 ESN 256691457802196053. When I try to activate it says device not supported. Please assist I would like to use your service.

Comments

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just check it on swappa.com, it says it is active on sprint.
    Did you get it up and running on FP ?
    If you have not, then this phone needs to be deactivated for up to 30 days so last bills are paid and clean esn note issued.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • housechiefhousechief Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I just checked and I still get the "we do not currently support your phone model" message. I have the phone active with Ting right now which uses the Sprint network.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    The phone is active - is the error, there might be other errors hiding behind this one
    Once you deactivate from ting, the last bill is paid and other fees paid if any, then ting reports 'clean' and esn becomes available to activate on FP or other carriers. Hopefully there are no other gotchas waiting.
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
    @housechief‌ Hello, could you please PM me your devices: HEX, DEC, ICCID numbers, thanks!

HEX:990----
    DEC:256---
    ICCID:----
  • Warren RoseWarren Rose Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Mine wouldn't activate with any number other than the DEC (listed under MEID). Tried the Hex and another number and it just gave me errors.
    At least that one worked. Are you hittin' all cylinders, now ?
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    The DEC or the HEX version of the MEID usually work, the IMEI will not work.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get so many member's asking me--It wont activate, I entered my mac address like it asked.....The should change the wording...

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop