**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

My BYOD phone doesn't work without WIFI.

PrasadPrasad Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
Hi,

I have activated my BYOD phone (HTC Evo 4G) recently. I downloaded freedompop messaging app. The phone works over WIFI, but doesn't work at all without WIFI.

I tried to update my profile - this doesn't work. I am getting 1012 error. I did reset using ##786# and my MSL code, and tried to update profile. It did not work. Could somebody from freedompop tech support look at this?

My account details:
[email protected]
Device: HTC Evo 4G
MEId: A1000017C3FCD8

Thanks,
Prasad

Comments

• PrasadPrasad Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Hello GeordgeD,

Actually my phone never worked with out WIFI and I could not update my profile since I activated my BYOD phone 2 weeks ago. I tried everyday, but got 1012 error everytime. Could you please check my account if everything is setup correctly?
  • PrasadPrasad Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Hello, can somebody look at this problem ASAP. I tried everything in last 3 weeks. I did reset using ##786# and my MSL code twice. I tried to update profile many times. I cannot use my phone unless I am on my home WIFI.

This is BYOD phone. Here are my account details:
    [email protected]

Please deactivate and refund my activation fee if this cannot be fixed.

Thanks,
    Prasad
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GeorgeD‌ should be able to assist. Notify him that there is more Msgs.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    Prasad said:

Hi,

I have activated my BYOD phone (HTC Evo 4G) recently. I downloaded freedompop messaging app. The phone works over WIFI, but doesn't work at all without WIFI.

I tried to update my profile - this doesn't work. I am getting 1012 error. I did reset using ##786# and my MSL code, and tried to update profile. It did not work. Could somebody from freedompop tech support look at this?

My account details:
    [email protected]

Thanks,
    Prasad

The error you got is a provisioning error, I think it a profile error. You need to do a PRL and Profile update on WiFi. Need to do Profile first, then PRL.
    Getting your HTC Evo 4G connected

If you're having trouble getting a network connection on your new phone, follow the below steps.

1. Select the menu button (located to the right of the home button)
    2. Tap settings, then scroll down to system updates
    3. Select update profile and let it run fully (may take up to 90 seconds)
    4. After the network profile is updated, repeat the same steps, but this time select update PRL instead of update profile

You should be able to use our service without any issues now! (Also make sure all of your FreedomPop apps are up to date)
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".