**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

FreedomPop Free Voice and Text iOS Version 3.4

What's New in Version 3.4

• Updated: Mar 22, 2017 Version: 3.4 Size: 59.9 MB
  • Brief missed call indicator flashing after navigating to Recent tab.

• Fixes:
  • Touch tone key presses not recognized when receiving incoming call voice prompt from an automated system.
GET THE APP HERE: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/freedompop-free-voice-text/id835399970?mt=8 :)
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the time being, if you know how to configure your SIP information then you can use a third party SIP app to call like Linphone :)
  • Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 719FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭
    You can downgrade to iOS 7 if you have to: http://osxdaily.com/2014/09/21/downgrade-ios-8-back-to-ios-7-1-2/
    @Adolfo Galvan‌ Is correct, Apple is still signing iOS 7.1.2 right now, so if you need to downgrade, then do it fast because Apple will stop signing it soon.
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    I also read crapple iOs8 brings battery problems with it, so be aware and expect it rather than not! Its not an FP issue, its an IOS issue. Scuttlebutt on the blogs is that Apple rushed it knowing it had issues and chose to put it out while working on IOS 8.1 fix, much like MS went from Win 8 to Win 8.1 in order to fix bugs and other issues!
  • Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 719FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, it is never a good idea to update to the next iOS update ever because there is always bugs to work out.
    @MIGUEL LOPEZ‌ As an Apple Developer I had access to iOS 8 GM earlier than everyone else and my battery life was awesome. This is actually a bug with WiFi geolocationing and if you shut it off then your battery life is going to be great.

Apple is said to fix this next week with a software update... But I am really pissed how they didn't debug this initially.
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    Could be Ali, I'm not an Apple fan so I generally just look at the blogs to see whats going on. Here is another update,

http://news.yahoo.com/everything-supposedly-coming-apple-ios-8-0-1-163540971.html

I just don't want FreedomPoppers to start blaming Fp for what is really an Apple software issue!
    Adolfo, I agree, I waited a full 6 to 8 months before going to Win 8, then 8.1 just to be sure initial bugs were worked out! Apple likes to brag, but they have had issues with software after initial release like everyone else, but they have a better PR firm and the majority of the bigger/better known blogs (BGR) gives them too much credit for being innovative, while at the same down tearing into MS for every mistake. Take a look at Laptop's blog, fully 6 articles on how-to with the new iOS8, two weeks ago I think they had like 8 to 10 mini articles about the same thing, then they had one MS critique blog right under those iOS articles...lol

Bottom line is no initial software system is ready for prime time...at prime time!
  • Peter KunzPeter Kunz Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Ali said:

For the time being, if you know how to configure your SIP information then you can use a third party SIP app to call like Linphone :)

where can I find my account info needed for SIP config?
  • shopgirlmallshopgirlmall Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    The update appears to have come out yesterday and resolved the issues! Way to go FreedomPop, great response time! We are anxiously hopeful for a native dialer upgrade in the future too! ;-)
    Everyone - you can't downgrade to ios 7.1.2 anymore. This s u c k s now.....
  • James LummelJames Lummel Posts: 63FreedomPop Newbie
    Well the update to fix the crash when you access the contact list came out, but they introduced a new bug on the iPad Mini (with the iOS 8.0.2 update)!

Now if you open the FreedomPop app while in landscape mode the app is scrunched up into half of the screen and all the numbers are jumbled together making it impossible to dial from the keypad.

Good new is there is a workaround, make sure you that when you first open the app you have the iPad in portrait mode, in which case the app will expand to fill the whole screen and will be oriented properly. After that you're OK if you leave the app open as it'll always come up properly.

But if you close the app again, you need to be in portrait mode to open it again.

I hope this fix this little SNAFU pretty soon since I use my iPad in landscape mode 90% of the time and usually open the FreedomPop app while in landscape, only rotating in portrait after the app appears...

James

PS- the app seems to work well other than this new bug, seem to have full access to the contact list without any crashes.
    On today's episode of "History in a Nutshell":

"Global warming", or "climate change" as it's now called, was created when two politicians were sitting around one day having a brandy and brainstorming on how they could put together their next government funded project that would be a sure-fire way to win the next election at the taxpayer's expense when one of them said to other "Hey, wouldn't it be GREAT if we could figure out how to tax the very air they breath??" ('they', of course, being you and me). Well the other politician happen to be Al Gore and the rest is a matter of history....
    @James Lummel[email protected] is your best bet
  • shot437shot437 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Ali said:

Any suggestions on how to go about doing this?I'm missing all of my incoming calls with the default app on my Sprint iPhone 5
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @shot437‌
    Are you having the same issues as other IOS8 user. Where you phone wont ring while lock is on? Freedompop is working on an update. The rumor was the 10th of this month. But I just asked where i got the info from. He thinks sometime next week.....But there is no way to tell if this is the fix? Wont know till the app gets released. Finger crossed all across the freedompop forum...

Other members are reporting that a simple restart will work. Some claim to uninstall the app and re-install the app.

Just do a quick search and you see all the things other member's have tried?

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Jed HarlowJed Harlow Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I just signed up and the phone I bought was already on iOS8 and I was unable to downgrade. The phone is for my wife and she can make phone calls but when the app is not open, she cannot receive calls. If she has the app open, she can receive calls but the moment she hides the app and opens a different app, she cannot receive calls anymore. This is very unfortunate and I am at a loss of what to do. Does anyone have advice on what I can do?

Thank you.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jed Harlow
    I just talked to the man, hes going to check into the update for me tmr...long awaited freedompop voice and text app update...

There are reports of people just restarting or resetting the phone and it works great..

there are also others that claim---delete the post from the home screen and reset...than re install the app...

Do me a favor..Take a peek in your notification center and see if you have freedompop there? some have reported it missing...along with Push notifications...

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

Thank you for the quick response...it is greatly appreciated!!!

The freedom pop app is not available in the notification center.
  • ncpuseyncpusey Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks for looking into this @njfolwider5, I recently installed Freedompop on an iPhone that had iOS8 and it doesn't show up in the Notification center so I can't see incoming calls unless the phone is active and app open. Tried deleting and reinstalling, tried closing the app the reinstalling, nothings worked yet, so really hope they update the app to fix the push notification issue soon or else I might have to stick with a normal phone service.

Just adding my comment to give numbers to those having issues with iPhone push notifications.
    I wanted to check back in since it has been a few days to see if there are any updates. I feel bad that my wife has to keep the app open all day. Thanks in advance.
    edited October 2014 #22
    @Jed Harlow@ncpusey‌ @James Lummel

@Ali just sent me the message.....

IOS8 has a new update from freedompop...fixes are

Fixed IOS 8 Notification issues

added texting to multiple recipients..

IOS8.1 here I come!!!!!! :)

Hey guys I forgot..

You might have to uninstall and re-install the app to get the push notifications to work...Push the app till it shakes....click the red x...let it delete....reset the phone, pressing the home button and the Power button on the top till the screen turns off...If it don't reset..wait a few mins....Press the power button till you see the apple in the middle of the screen....once started..visit the apple store and download the new app..

Make sure to click yes when it ask you is it ok to push notifications!!!

let me know how it goes...

Thank you very much. It did work even though it is a bit different (receiving calls) but my wife can get calls which was the goal. My only other question/concern is she does not receive notifications when she receives a text message...thoughts?

Once again, thank you for helping resolve the incoming call issue!!!
    Please disregard my last post. Text works just fine. Thanks again!!! :)
    @Jed Harlow
    Did it fix everything..I am eagerly awaiting the results...I've been waiting to upgrade to IOS8.1 till we got this update.....