**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Update option

I have two Samsung Victory phones with Android 4.1.2 installed. Neither has an update option anywhere in settings. How do I check for updates?

Comments

• Lawrence HemingwayLawrence Hemingway Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I have two Samsung Victory phones with Android 4.1.2 installed. Neither has an update option anywhere in settings. How do I check for updates?
  • berawberaw Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I just got the S Victory today and am having the same problem.
    Does anyone have info on how to update the prl profile so i can use the premier service and do tethering? I signed up for the unlimited plan and premier so i should be able to do tethering according what i have read.

Please Help!
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my Victory, in settings, 2nd from bottom is system update. Must scroll down a lot in settings to get down there. Inside system update are 4-5 items. Update prl, update profile, Samsung updates. Android updates, etc.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @beraw‌ I think people are finding out here, that there are no update setting for PRL/Profile....It's suppose to update once the phone resets.<<<could be wrong there...

here is what sprint has...

http://eguides.sprint.com/support/eguides/samsunggalaxyvictory/index.html#samsung_galaxy_victory_eguide/system_update_settings.html

or

http://support.sprint.com/support/device/Samsung/Samsung_Galaxy_Victorytrade_4G_LTE_As_You_Go-dvc6960004prd

hope this helps

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭

On my Victory, in settings, 2nd from bottom is system update. Must scroll down a lot in settings to get down there. Inside system update are 4-5 items. Update prl, update profile, Samsung updates. Android updates, etc.

@Rich Sias ( LastDay: 16th )‌ , you got the phone before they remove the update option. Victory phone now are order without the update option on. I think a restart of the phone does the update for you. So far freedompop has not address this issue.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014 #7
    I think power off and power on does these updates, there no other option within the phone to do this.
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014 #8
    @Brian McPherson

thanks for the confirmations

basic reset.... ##786#...but i think it requires a msl#???

I seen a factory reset...

1) Remove the battery from the phone and reinsert it.

2) While the phone is off, hold down the volume down rocker and the power button for 10 seconds, this should lead to the boot menu

3) From the Boot menu navigate with the up/down volume rockers and select with the power button, select the "RECOVERY" option.

4) Next, select the "Wipe data/Factory reset" option and select yes on the following page.

5) Go through the phone set-up just as you did when you first received it.

6) Enter your Freedom Phone email and you're done! (If you are not prompted to do so automatically, you may need to open the FreedomPop Messaging app and enter it there)

But power on and power off would be a great start
    hope this helps

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@Brian McPherson‌ do you know if the power on power off-works for all android phone on the plr/profile, or only the sgv? I turn my androids off every night? Just curious?

Cannot say that to all android phone, what it do on restart on the Victory is it go into update to apps on the phone before it boot up. I post a photo of it when I get it done.
    [email protected]

Yea there are a ton of questions that pertains to the SGV...on this subject...and Sprint has it completely wrong....I think these are coming with a custom ROM from FB? Thanks for the info!!!

Here what it look like when Victory is updating;

Sorry it not that clear image.
    Email: itbrianmc[email protected]
    [email protected]

That's crazy!!!!So each time you shut your phone off for the night, you run the risk of having a profile update that your not happy with. If the first profile ran the phone great/Perfect...your stuck updating each time....But I guess its a great way to stay updated...

Save the reset and the factory reset as a last option...make sure before you even attempt to try>>>>You have your MSL#

edited October 2014 #14

Yea there are a ton of questions that pertains to the SGV...on this subject...and Sprint has it completely wrong....I think these are coming with a custom ROM from FB? Thanks for the info!!!

I do to, it from the custom rom and the admin on the forum does not know about it.
    [email protected]

@mechanics600‌
    please only do a MSL reset, if an admin ask you to...Consult a admin before any MSL Reset!!!!I miss informed you and I'm sorry bout that!!!