**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Basic 200

Jacky HaJacky Ha Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
So I finally got the phone. Originally I ordered Victory to go along with the Freedompop basic 200/minutes 500/texts 500MB/data. It seems I can't use text or calls without having some type of data on, whether it's mobile network or it's my at home wifi. Was this intended? To only have the phone working over only FP's voip service or something? If I were to turn data off, wifi off and try to make a call, it'll say "Must turn on data" or something along those lines. So the question I have is, does anyone have the Basic 200 plan that can send and receive calls without being connected to wifi or having mobile data on?

Comments

• @Jacky Ha‌ When WIFI is unavailable, users will still have access to the 3G, 4G, and 4GLTE networks (network is dependent on the type of device) when in network supported areas. Nevertheless, we have found that WiFi typically provides better call quality. However, the minutes will still be deducted from the voice/ text plan.