How good is freedompop calling quality in the San Francisco/Bay area locations?

mi91mi91 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
I am interested in getting freedompop. I just want to make sure that I'll have good signal where I live. I live in San Francisco, California.

Also which Sprint phone from your experience works well with freedompop? I've heard HTC isn't really a good phone to use with this network. How's the battery life holding on your phone?

Comments

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,348FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in Philly so can't answer directly with any experience. Meanwhile, you can go to sprint.com for their coverage map. Choose data not voice. In data choose first WiMAX and view your neighborhood and see dark red ( WiMAX ) and not dark purple ( 3G ). Now choose LTE and compare that in your neighborhood to WiMAX. If one is missing and other strong, get the strong one for your style of 4G.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Mikaela LarsenMikaela Larsen Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    Too late to answer for you, but I am in San Francisco, & have not been able to make ONE call, as yet... We can go online occasionally, for a few mins, but no calls. Once the phone rings, you cannot hear anything.
  • weanutweanut Posts: 309FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    hi @Mikaela Larsen , i actually was unable to make any calls this morning. i'm going to pm you with what i did to get it back. these are considered relatively basic tweaks, but you have to know what they are. let me know if it helps or not, if not let's get you a support ticket ok? thanks for your patience, let's get this straightened out for you. liz
  • weanutweanut Posts: 309FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    oh, @mi91 i'm in nyc btw, this was an issue with the freedompop messaging app which i was able to resolve in a few minutes.
  • Harvey YongHarvey Yong Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
    Yup, I live in the Bay Area. The calling can be a bit flaky at times. I heard that FP leases network space from Sprint. By themselves, Sprint, doesn't have a good reputation for being reliable. Imagine if you crammed a bunch of FP users that paid $0 for their service into a 2nd tier line-- you'll get inferior service. But hey... it's free service. But tell you what... you might wanna sign up for the $5.99 Premium Package-- they give you Premium Voice which would get you off of the lame FP signal to the better quality Sprint signal. Thus, you would be getting Sprint service for only $5.99 a month (plus voicemail and data rollover).