How do I improve the voice quality on a Samsung Victory 4G LTE?

Janet HotsonJanet Hotson Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
FredomPop tips instructions to -Go into app settings-Under Network check use compact sip-Under media -Change clock rate to 44.1khz. I can't find app settings. There's More settings or Application manager, but no network or media to change clock rate.

Best Answers

Answers

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    The App settings, is inside of the app itself. You open up the app and tick the little arrow in the top left corner. scroll down---Settings---scroll down Network....>>>>but there are no setting to change the clock rate. I bet this was the older version of the app?....If you see it in there....please respond back here? It has some other setting in there, that might help with call quality?
    Good Luck

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Janet HotsonJanet Hotson Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    App settings is inside what app? When tap apps, there is no arrow on the top left corner. Since it won't help anyway I guess it's a moot point! Any other suggestions on how to fix the voice quality(breaking up) on calls?
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does you app say messaging on the top left corner? The arrow I have is right in front of messaging?

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Compress voice to 44 kHz in the phone settings?
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sry it's been a while for me since I used an android...
    @Ali...I can't seem to find any place to change it, I found Sip settings...But there is no place to change to 44khz. Maybe it got taken away with the update last week?

I don't know what app you're talking about. I have a messaging app on my list of apps. When I hit the apps button on my home page, The top of the app page says
    Apps Widgets an arrow with a line under it that when hit shows my downloaded apps. When I hit the messaging app, there is no arrow .
    If your messaging app is different, look for something in the app, that says settings..Might look like a clock wheel? That how I find setting on my iphone(messaging app) Little white looking clock wheel(gear).

Thanks! I finally found the SIP and it is checked,says use compact SIP Reduce SIP packets size May not work on old SIP servers. What would happen if I unchecked this? Would that improve the voice quality?
    After updating my phone multiple times, changing the clock rate to 44.1khz, ticking the echo. I'm still having problems with voice breaking on the caller's end and on my end. My phone also doesn't ring sometimes on incoming calls but sends the call to voicemail.Is there anything else I can do to correct this problem? Is my phone defective? Your help is appreciated.
    @Janet Hotson
    Hello again....I thought for sure we fix this issue...I just happen to be going threw old threads looking for poster...

when you need some help...use the @sign before there name and they'll get a heads up...

Is it possible your having issues only in 3g...4g...or wifi...Or is it all 3?

let me know

It's on all 3.
    @Janet Hotson
    are we still just trying to improve the quality?
    let me know

ps--leave the sip settings...mine are ticked on all my freedompop phones

@Janet Hotson

so what happen? whats the phone doing?

@njfulwider5 today my phone will not call out. I don't know what you mean about the sip settings. In messaging: use compact SIP is ticked on my phone. Now I can't figure out why my phone doesn't call out. It acts like it is dialing and calling, but no calls goes through. Now what do I do?
    @njfulwider5 Today my phone will not call out. I looks like it is calling, but it doesn't connect. What do I do now? Thanks for your help!
    @njfulwider5 I just tried to update my settings and I received a communication error 6403. Now I really don't know what to do. I can't call out. Any suggestions? Is Freedompop down?
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    You have what is a system misconfiguration on your android phone are your freedonpop app. That what the error found in research.

https://www.google.com/search?q=error+6403&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".