**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Connect to Intenet before calling

I got the phone from groupon and then got it activated but when I try to call its saying connect to internet before calling. Can some one please let me know how to resolve this ?

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Srinivas Kothakonda‌ Have you tried updating the PRL and the Profile, this seem to weed out a ton of problems when you first activate? Also make sure your connected via wifi to you home network?

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• @Srinivas Kothakonda‌ Here's how to do a PRL update, please let me know if this works for you or not, thanks!

Tap settings, then scroll down to system updates. Select update profile and let it run fully (may take up to 90 seconds). After the network profile is updated, repeat the same steps, but this time select update PRL instead of update profile
  • Srinivas KothakondaSrinivas Kothakonda Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    In settings I don't see system update. In System I see only Accessory, Date and time, Accessibility, Developer options and About device. Please let me know if I am missing any thing ?
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two missing options: Activate this device and System Update
    Can some else with a FP branded Victory compare also?
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    Same here on my victory phone activate this device and system update are not present. Not sure if it is true but I read somewhere that the FP victory phone do an automatic update when powered on. Maybe one of the admins can confirm this.
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014 #7
    It does when you power cycle your phone, it update on every app in the phone. Yes it does not have these links, they been remove at the time you get the phone.
    They trying to make the phone where you cannot make a mistake on it.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • Srinivas KothakondaSrinivas Kothakonda Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    If I connect to my wifi network I can use the FP phone to call others but if I am not connected to the phone it says that i need to connect to the internet before calling why is this ? I was under the impression that i can use the FP phone any where ?
    Am i missing any thing ?
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Srinivas Kothakonda

Trying going into setting in your messanger app...

in the freedompop message app...look at the top left hand side(messaging with a bluebox and a arrow point left) tick the arrow

scroll down to (settings) tick settings

scroll down to (Network) tick network

scroll all the way down to (for incomin calls) and tick all three boxes

scroll all the way down to (For outgoing call) and tick all three boxses

Boxes say(use wifi) (use 3g and better) and (use other networks) on both

try these settings and let me know how it goes

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    On the android is three bars and on the iPhone is the arrow, so in your case @Srinivas Kothakonda‌ , it be three bars.
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
    @Brian McPherson‌ ....On android its an (messaging with a bluebox and a arrow pointing left)...on the Iphone its a wheel(clock wheel)...

I have both with update FP apps...Iphone and androids

Thanks

On my it show three bars, software be a little difference sometime.
    [email protected]

@Brian McPherson
    Do you have the most recent update from the play store? What I am finding..the setting I wrote above, are turn off by default....Not sure why, but I had to fix it on all three of my phones, after the update (version 27) 15.03.11.0915 Sept 17,2014..

also when people browse these area...it is real touchy...real easy to uncheck a box--on all setting in there....

Its a simple fix...Just check all three boxes on both parts...worked a few time, when wifi is the only way to call or you can't call using 4g(with the app)

Does not work every single time, but its a good troubleshooting start!!

edited October 2014 #14
    I have my update on automatic and have it connected to WiFi when I at home. When take the phone with me, it disconnect and I am on celular. But when I return home it connect me back to WiFi. So far I have not see any error messaging on calls or text. But my phone does go from 4g to 3g and back to 4g, with also signal go from full bar to one bar and back up. It seem to get weak when I using the phone apps and when I stop it get better.
    [email protected]