**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

PRL and profile update

I went to settings to update the PRL and profile and found no listing for System Update. What happened to that option? I have Android 4.1.2 which was installed when I received the phone.

Answers

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mechanics600‌ Good afternoon, Are you asking where the System update is? Usually Update PRL/Profile is inside of the System update tab. System update is usually apart of the Settings Tab?
    Please rephrase the question so we can help you better.

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• mechanics600mechanics600 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I have no System Update tab in Settings for either phone.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014 #4
    Sorry I tried to post the link below>>>

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@mechanics600‌ let me know if you need more info?
    good luck!!!

• pleomorphpleomorph Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the same issue with my Samsung Victory purchased directly from FreedomPop. It's as if their custom ROM has removed the System Update option from the Settings menu? Is there any other way to access it?
    @pleomorph‌ There is nothing with a (clock wheel Gear)....I think I seen on a few custom roms, where it was in the apps area? The Tutorial I posted did not help?

http://support.sprint.com/support/tutorial/Update_data_profile_Samsung_Galaxy_Victorytrade_4G_LTE/2062-1390

• Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    Apparently the FP victory phones have removed the "system update". I have a FP victory phone and have searched every place in the setting and did not find a way to manually update the prl and profile. I seem to remember in another post that the update happens automatically but what triggers the automatic update I am not sure. The one thing I have noticed is that when the phone boots up from a power off I get a message that the system is updating.

@njfulwider5 the sprint tutorial for the update does not appear to be valid for the FP victory's. I also checked in the app area and was unable to find anything there either.
    @Richard Allen
    Do you have a search bar...maybe typing in the word (settings?) It just weird that the Victory is different. There really isn't to much freedom changes on the phones they release. You can usually follow all sprint tutorials?? Is your Phone Rooted by some strange chance? Do you have SuperUser?

• mechanics600mechanics600 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the gear showing and use that to access Settings. I also have a Moto X and am familiar with using the Settings to access the update option. The Freedompop Samsung phones I have do not have that available. The Samsung phones also boot differently. When booting there is a screen note stating that Android is Optimizing App 102 of 133. This does not happen on the Motorola phone. This optimizing takes about two minutes to complete. The Samsung phones perform fine otherwise. It is the updating which also includes the PRL and Profile which is not there. The phone is not rooted nor is there Superuser.
  • Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    @njfulwider5 No search bar that I can find. Getting into the setting is pretty easy just tap the lower left button and settings come up as an option. However, If I follow the instructions from the Sprint site that is where my victory and Sprint's instruction are different. There is definitely no system update option in the settings. On my HTC and Samsung GS3 I have the option for system updates. Not so with the victory.

I purchased this phone directly from FP. I do not feel comfortable rooting phones so none of my phones are rooted. To my knowledge I do not have superuser privs.
    Check in your settings.....You might have a phone that is Rooted....If that is the case, it would explain why we can't find setting on you s3...like the other freedompop S3's.....
    I am at a loss>>>>>have you tried a google search for updating PRL on the phone...?

@mechanics600‌ , I'll do some more research and I'll shoot back over when I come across something...there has to be something out there...either here or on the net...I just seen where you said the phone is not rooted....
    Sorry

• Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    The new victor phone FP sells do not have this update, you update the phone by way of restarted the phone. I believe this includes the PRL and Profile.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
    @Brain McPherson,
    Thanks for the info!!!

• john grangejohn grange Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    When I try to dial out I get a message " the number is incorrect". Rec'd Victory phone Sept 19 and every day it's a new problem...
    @john grange

Go ahead and start a discussion based on your issues so we can help. I read all three of your comments and we have no information to go off of. Please when you start your discussion make sure to ask your questions very clear. Lets see if we can trouble shoot your issues.
    Thanks