**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Would like to throttle data speed to prevent youtube from eating up 500MB in 30 minutes!

Philip_ WangPhilip_ Wang Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
Please add a feature for us to throttle our hotspot speed so we won't eat up our monthly allocation by just using 30 minutes on youtube. I am unable to reduce resolution whe my android devices are on youtube via a wifi connection.

Comments

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile, in hotspot router, setup a block for YouTube, Netflix, etc
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Philip_Wang, there are setting in Chrome I believe..I also think there are a few other browsers you can use, that throttle the bandwidth on a Android. I need to look back threw my mess of notes and find the settings and the browsers. But you might google browser and bandwidth in the meantime...
    Good Luck

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Philip_ Wang
    here is the Chrome
    You can choose when want to reduce data usage:

Touch Chrome menu > Settings > (Advanced) Bandwidth management.
    Touch Reduce data usage and slide the switch ON or OFF.

I'll try and find the browsers

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@Philip_Wang I could really find the browsers just yet, but I forgot to ask...Do you use the YouTube app when watching videos...IF not, it would work to your advantage. The YouTube app has a way to throttle down the video too...if you do have the app here is what you do>> stick to SD quality when you aren't on Wi-Fi. You do that by launching the YouTube app and going to Settings > General. Then enable the "Limit mobile data usage" option.

Copied from this web page that might help you too....
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/How-to-manage-and-reduce-mobile-data-usage-in-Android_id58395
    Good Luck

• djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    Here is one solution. There may be others.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oxplot.bradybound

You will need to run it on all android devices
  • JAY SANCHEZJAY SANCHEZ Posts: 410FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @djinks‌ BradyBounds runs only on rooted phones. Rooting your FP phone voids its warranty. Thread with caution.
  • JAY SANCHEZJAY SANCHEZ Posts: 410FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    edited October 2014 #8
    @Philip_ Wang‌ What you need isn't bandwidth throttling but disabling automatic video playback. You can instruct your browser to play videos only if you explicitily request it. Tell us which browser you use and I can share the instructions on how to disable plugins and/or automatic video playback. Hope this helps!