**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

FP S3 unable to send sms

PhilWangS3PhilWangS3 Posts: 75FreedomPop Newbie
My FP branded S3 is unale to send SMS via another app because it defers to hangouts, which cannot be authenticated to the FP phone number. On my other phone... a Moto Photon Q LTE, hangout would just confirm, on my FP S3, it 1) trieds to confirm my number as a diff number that matches the number in ##786#, 2) fails to confirm after a few min, then 3) sends a text which comes in to the FP Messaging app with jibberish confirmation codeafter hangouts already rejects the FP phone number.

I can send hangout msg umder my google acct, but cannot send text via another app. e.g. Send my GPS coordinate app.

How do I get it to work right?

Comments

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a couple of pros that are deep Hangouts knowledgable. Either of reading this ?
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • shopjenningsshopjennings Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Not to hijack your thread, but I'm having the same issue on a Galaxy S4. If I try to confirm my phone number in Hangouts, the default number is the random Sprint number associated with my phone, not the FP phone number. If I use this random number in the confirmation process, I never receive a confirmation text. If I change the number in Hangouts to my FP number, I receive a text in the FP messaging app, but the confirmation fails. I will also receive a text in Hangouts basically saying I'm not allowed to text from this number.
    I, too, can send out SMS in Hangouts via my Google Voice number. I also don't mind using the FP messaging app for SMS from my FP number. Thus, I have a solution that would work for me. However, I'm trying to set 2 phones up for people who aren't comfortable with technology, so the desire to have only 1 app is high in order to eschew obfuscation.