**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

FP S3 unable to send sms

PhilWangS3PhilWangS3 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 75
My FP branded S3 is unale to send SMS via another app because it defers to hangouts, which cannot be authenticated to the FP phone number. On my other phone... a Moto Photon Q LTE, hangout would just confirm, on my FP S3, it 1) trieds to confirm my number as a diff number that matches the number in ##786#, 2) fails to confirm after a few min, then 3) sends a text which comes in to the FP Messaging app with jibberish confirmation codeafter hangouts already rejects the FP phone number.

I can send hangout msg umder my google acct, but cannot send text via another app. e.g. Send my GPS coordinate app.

How do I get it to work right?

Comments

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a couple of pros that are deep Hangouts knowledgable. Either of reading this ?
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • shopjenningsshopjennings FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 0
    Not to hijack your thread, but I'm having the same issue on a Galaxy S4. If I try to confirm my phone number in Hangouts, the default number is the random Sprint number associated with my phone, not the FP phone number. If I use this random number in the confirmation process, I never receive a confirmation text. If I change the number in Hangouts to my FP number, I receive a text in the FP messaging app, but the confirmation fails. I will also receive a text in Hangouts basically saying I'm not allowed to text from this number.
    I, too, can send out SMS in Hangouts via my Google Voice number. I also don't mind using the FP messaging app for SMS from my FP number. Thus, I have a solution that would work for me. However, I'm trying to set 2 phones up for people who aren't comfortable with technology, so the desire to have only 1 app is high in order to eschew obfuscation.