**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Adding More Free Data After Going Over

Joshua YokelaJoshua Yokela Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
Hi,

I was wondering what happens if you go over your plan and go into pay as you go, but then earn more free data durning the same month or day... Do you get charged for the data and then can use the free data once it is earned or is it decided at the end of the month that you ended up with enough free data to cover that months usage?

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014 #2
    @Joshua Yokela
    Once you earn free data. It goes directly on your account to use along side the basic 500mbs...You can earn 500mbs for adding 10x freedompop friends. You can also earn more mbs by completing offers available on the site. Once you have exhausted all you mbs...it will charge for more data(please see how much based on Data plan). Unless you have automatic payment (top off)-turned off. Than at 100mbs, you account will suspend until you roll over to the next month. It shuts off at 100mbs to protect you from overages that may occur during the 3 hour delay, That updates you account regularly.

Hope this helps

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Joshua YokelaJoshua Yokela Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the top off turned off... I went over by 40MB then I downloaded the freedompop app that gave me 200MB free data. My month isn't over for another 3 days and I went from 104% used to 80%... I think I will be charged for the 40MB because I didn't have the Free Data to use when I used it... but I was just wondering.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joshua Yokela
    As long as you didn't go over the 100mbs...Your Fine!!! they do this for your protection...so they don't have to charge you...

did it say you had 60mbs...when it closed, or what ever it did?

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joshua Yokela‌ because of up to 3 hour delay in data usage reporting by sprint, you may have gotten the 200 MB first. To see how it played out, log into freedom.com in browser with your email & password. If you don't know it, it's in an email sent to you. Check spam folder if nowhere else.
    Find link: 'usage details' and click it. It shows data used about every 15 minutes. You'll see the 40 included somewhere and the 200 credit will show. Which ended up earlier ?
    They may have 'forced' a small charge to cover a deficit if the 40 came first.
    Go to billing tab and view status. Can view your credit card online for any charges. After seeing the whole picture, you may be content with results.
    If not content, and or if account has red banner suspended due to billing error or frozen, will need help of admin to fix it back to health.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    Oct 6, 2014 3:00 PM Pay As You Go 6 MB

Oct 6, 2014 2:45 PM Plan Usage 129 MB

Oct 6, 2014 2:45 PM Pay As You Go 38 MB

Oct 6, 2014 10:00 AM Plan Usage 2 MB

Oct 5, 2014 12:00 AM Plan Usage 1 MB

Oct 4, 2014 10:00 PM Plan Usage 24 MB

Oct 4, 2014 9:45 PM Plan Usage 43 MB
    It doesn't show ever getting the bonus and it shows it as "Pay As You Go." So it looks like I will be charged. I don't really care if I will be charged for such a small overage, I just wanted to know what the rules for such a instance would be. Thanks Guys
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you did not turn off top up. Then you got charged $10 top up. In www.freedompop.com in billing, there is a item: credit. It jumps from 0 to 10.00 at top up time. You may be charged for 38 mb because you ran out of free bytes. If your plan is free only, cost is 2 cents each or 76 cents deducted from the $10 credit. You will now see about $9.24 balance.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    Let you know that the pay as you go only is use when you hit 100mb well you use your data, then it go into suspension. but it sound like you just received some free data before this happing.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
    Sounds like you did not have automatic top off turn off. Depending on the plan you have, it would have charged like above. 100mbs is magic number when you on pay as you go, or completely free. Stay away from the 100mbs mark and you'll be fine the next month. IF you need help finding the extra data I have a couple of idea. Hit me up.

I did have Auto Top Off off and it did charge me for what I went over. It only charged my card $1.99 instead of the $10 which is nice since I only used about 70 cents of it.