**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

How do I set it up with my Android tablet, for the 1st time?

SimplyMeSimplyMe Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
Do I shut off the WiFi connect in settings? DO I have to go to aspecific site/ip address 1st?

Comments

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,231FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave wifi on, try to connect to home wifi. Will it let you connect?
    Try browsing, etc. good ?
    Ok, now turn off wifi.
    Do you see 3g/4g in notifications bar at top?
    If yes, browse places. Is it working?
    Errors? Any error number ? Post here.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    Is it a cellular and WiFi or WiFi only? You need to know this. Go to freedompop.com and click on link that say "BYOD", it be at the top of the page in the menu section. It take you to a screen that have you enter zip code and your e-mail address you want to use. It take you to screen that say "you have no cover in the area or a page that have you enter your MEID number. If everything go ok, then you can download the messaging app in google play.

If you have WiFi only tablet, you will only can use WiFi. Just to let you know.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SimplyMe‌

Hello again!!!!

What type of Tablet do you have? When you plug in the Freedom Stick Bolt, does it look like you have Ethernet connection?(with a yellow exclamation mark? Or is the little computer screen free of the mark?

to get to setting of the bolt...Try>>>>192.168.14.1 ...should take you to a page almost like a wifi connection....There you get most of the info you need...password should be (admin)

let me know if this was all you needed...or if you need help configuring?

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    You cannot connect the stick to your tablet, it only connect to a USB port. The stick is not a WiFi device. If that you trying to do, it not work.

@njfulwider5‌ , I think he or she is try to use the tablet as a phone.
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SimplyMe‌
    I have about 4 tablet>>>>all 4 of them have a usb port...mini usb port...even my android?

But I just realized....His question is Simple--Do I shut off the WiFi connect in settings? You have to shut off the wifi to use the bolt, when plugged in via usb.

how to shut wifi off on the android Tablet....

Tap "Settings," "Wireless & networks" and then "Wi-Fi."

Tap the menu icon, then "Advanced."

Tap "Wireless & networks," then "Wi-Fi settings."

Tap disconnect!!!!

The bolt should resemble a Ethernet connection...and you can move on to what ever you wanted to do!!!

This post is just packed with info to get you going!!!!You know how to get ahold of me if you have any questions tmr.....@njfulwider5

No matter what the question was, you got a bunch of great answers!!!!

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

The cord they give them is a USB to USB, he have to buy one that is USB to mini USB. It could work, but it may not work. Yes , you have to have WiFi off.
    [email protected]

Yep it all depends what tablet he has..one of my androids has a basic usb 2.0 plug, no mini....one of my Windows has a mini, but it came with a adapter when I purchased it., But when its plugged into it keyboard, it has a usb 3.0....

I almost use a tablet for everything these days....There getting faster and faster...Staring to make desktops and laptop obsolete...Only a matter of time...

Thanks for the conversation!!!!

To add, The stick is full USB and the table is mini-USB, you have to have a Female USB to Male mini-USB.
    [email protected]

edited October 2014 #10
    Some Tablets need them and some don't. I am sure you would know if you have a tablet what you need. Just email if you have any questions. Sorry for the multiple Comments...
    Hope you figure it out

• SimplyMeSimplyMe Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    First, thanks to all of you. I use the Bolt successfully with my Nexus 7 Android tablet BUT I just got an Ematic 7" Jelly Bean Android tablet. Now the Nexus and the Ematic both say only WiFi but I can use the Bolt fine with the Nexus 7 using a OTG MinUSB to full USB cable. When I connect these items to the Ematic, the Bolt searches, then gives me a green light and the 5 blue reception bars. However I get no Internet connection. Perhaps the Ematic does not have RDNIS or CDC? Is thee a tethering app that you think I can use?
    The weird thing is the Bolt when attached does go from amber top green light and the blue bars search and then stay solid. But no connection message even when I try the Bolt ip message.
    @SimplyMe‌
    I did a little digging..try this your android tablet

1. Turn off wifi.
    2. Plug the stick in the USB port and wait until a connection is established.
    3. Go to Ubee's router IP address ( http://192.168.14.1 ) and under the Advanced setting, select NAT Mode. Then, apply.

No rooting or additional app is required.

I put ubee's..sorry i had to dig that deep...its the bolt

• SimplyMeSimplyMe Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried that to no avail. Oh, well...
    @SimplyMe‌

So making sure that your wifi is off...nothing connected....and if there is a Ethernet, its not connected..

You still can not access the Ip page for the device?