**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Why am I billed $1.99 per month for my "free" 1G plan?

Janet WhitesidesJanet Whitesides Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
Why am I billed $1.99 per month for my "free" 1G plan?

Best Answer

Answers

• Greg @ Team LagunaGreg @ Team Laguna Posts: 16FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi Janet , try to downgrade your plan without auto top offs , or roll over plan. I hope you have better 4 G signal than I . I do not get anything "Free" with my 4082. :-(
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a $1.99 charge because I used a few MB more than my 500 and top off was set off. It happened just before the end of my 'month'. Check your account online in billing tab, check credit remaining. There should be $1.99 less 2 cents x # MB used beyond the free given you. It is not a monthly charge. If you are careful in future, you may go months before going below zero again. Sprints data usage reporting to FP, is delayed as much as 3 hours. So can make hard to guess usage at last day if you're still using.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Janet WhitesidesJanet Whitesides Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I am being charged because it showed up in my bank statement. And I have a credit of $9.03 on the account. Am I not supposed to go over 1G or 500mg? I was exceedingly careful and did not go over 1G. Does anyone know where the "rules" are for this type of service? I couldn't find any on the website. thanks in advance
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Janet Whitesides
    I am not really sure if the same rules apply to the Mifi. But on Most account here on Freedompop, (Data). Once you get close to the 100mbs left in your account. If You don't have auto top up(on). You are charges based on your plan. Should have said something below the plan when you first sign on. If You have Auto Top Up (Off). Once you get close to 100mbs, you account will suspend till the next month, based on the start date of your plan.

Its always a good thing to accept as many freedom friends as possible. This can give you another 500mbs free a month, as long as your friends stays active. If you don't have enough friends. There are websites, with other freedompoper-looking to add to there account. Its always good to have a little extra. You need 10 x friends.

with the added 500mbs, you can use this as the extra, so you don't go over you allowed data or you current data plan.

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me know if you want the site info, for other freedompopers!!!

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

edited October 2014 #8
    @Janet Whitesides
    I messed up on my third sentence..

If You don't have auto top up(on). You are charges based on your plan. Should have said something below the plan when you first sign on.

() should have said off___very sorry

• Janet WhitesidesJanet Whitesides Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm not quite understanding what I should do, so let me be completely clear about what I want, and hopefully someone on the list can let me know what to do:

1. I'm on home broadband (Hub Burst). I don't know how the billing, or the free data plans, differ for the home user vs mobile users, so I guess I should be clear about this.

2. I have 2 Hub Bursts: one for me, and one for another family member, who visits irregularly. I pay for both from one credit card, but there are two separate accounts for each Hub Burst. I'm trying to get the free data on the Hub Burst that is not currently being used much.

3. I'm currently being charged $1.99/month on the Hub Burst on which I'm using less than 1 GB/month. Does a home user need to stay under a lower threshold to get actually free data?

4. I have outstanding credits on both accounts. I'd prefer to actually get *free data*, but, if I'm going to be charged anything, I want the charge to come from my account credit, and not my credit card!

5. What I'd like most of all is to see these policies *documented*, somewhere on the website. I'm glad to be able to get this information from folks on the forum, but ... I'd prefer to "see it in writing" from FP. Are these policies stated somewhere on the FP website; if so, where?
    edited October 2014 #10
    @Janet Whitesides

1) data plan are the same-as it pertains to usage limits. 100mbs and you know the rest(read above)

2) By Free data are you referring to the 1gbs? or the free data you can earn by other offers?

3) There is only a 1gbs free data plan. You can use 900mbs of the free data, and if your account is set up for AUTO TOP UP. You will get charge overage fees. If you applied for a free plan. You need to look up what the overage would be for that device? If You opted for(AUTO TOP UP-Off). You account would suspend at 900mbs of usage

4) Your outstanding credits are from going over the 900mbs of free data you are allowed each month.

5) Policy were sign and pointed out at the time of Signing up for the free data. You had to tick the box, before accepting the offer-after you entered your credit card info.

I think you might have confused Free data as unlimited. But Freedompop does not offer that with the Hub Burst(10gb is the highest).

These guys also charge your account overages after you have 100mbs left in your account. Or If you have used 900mbs. Reason it doesn't go to 0 or 1gb. Sprint has a 3 hour delay, when reporting data usage. This is put in place for your protection.

If You don't want any outstanding credits. You need to change this option in your account...to(NO)( Auto Top UP)

here are the terms of service.....( http://www.freedompop.com/terms.htm )

I hope this made sense and I hope this helps?

@Janet Whitesides

You can PM me if you need more explanations. I am allot better at one on one when it come to multiple questions. I promise to answer to best of knowledge and as fast as possible...I'm here all the time...almost 24/7

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014 #12
    @njfulwider5‌ "almost" is an understatement. Finally you're humble about an issue !

Edit: wow ! I'm at 743 & you're at 738. I've been here 7 months, and you, less than 7 weeks! See what that 24/7 does to you ?
    @Rich Sias ( LastDay: 16th )
    If I didn't have to sleep those 2 little hours!!!!

Just do like I do: 1/4, 1/4, and 1/2 between posting answers. No one will even notice a 30 or 60 minute gap.
  • Teri MondayTeri Monday Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    4. I have outstanding credits on both accounts. I'd prefer to actually get *free data*, but, if I'm going to be charged anything, I want the charge to come from my account credit, and not my credit card!

Ive read another user within the last month, dont have the post number, they wanted to use credit like you want, but was credit carded instead. I remember the response was credit was used for monthly charges, but not for overages. I suggested using a paypal credit card not linked to your checking account, then you can place money in paypal card, takes 3-5 days from your checking, or have someone send you money which is no delay for FP banking info. This should give tou what you desire, when FP cant.