default dialer

stevehauserstevehauser Posts: 56FreedomPop Newbie
I got my S3 yesterday. It is activated. There is the default dialer on the home page and the freedompop app. When I hit the default dialer and try to make a call it does not complete. When I use the freedompop app dialer the call DOES complete. I have checked the settings for the freedompop app and it does say it is integrated with the default dialer app, but I don't think that is the case. Also, when I start the freedompop app it defaults to text messaging... any way to default it to the phone dialer and have it be the default application?

Comments

• @stevehauser‌ Hey steve what version of the freedom pop app are you running?
    "Don't forget to vote on our latest Poll for a chance to win some FreedomPop gear! :) https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7284/where-do-you-take-your-portable-hotspot-device#latest"
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @stevehauser‌

Update to the most recent app. Than when you open the freedompop messaging app. There is a little telephone symbol in the top right corner of the app.

You can also hit Compose in the middle of the screen and when it brings up the contacts list, it will let you press ok, or hit the phone icon next to the name.

The new app, looks like they did a ton of work to it. Making the app more user friendly.
    @sign me if you need to compare version.

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    Did you setup your google account and it the one that work with your app and your phone. I try to find what setting you need to make your fredompop app link to native dailer.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the native dialer you should get a message saying

"Your account is not authorized to make calls to this number. If you would like to have additional capabilities added to your account, please call customer service.

Message 7, switch 112 / 1317 (or something close to these)"

That means ur phone is activated on data, and you will need to configure your dialer to work with FP. To do that in the settings for the FP app make sure force integration is checked.