Porting numbers: Can I port my number in?

Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2014 in BYOD #1
Currently porting your phone number is supported. You will have to provide the following information:

-Account number
-PIN number
-Account Billing information

Other information may be required depending on the number used and this may change without prior notice.

If you do not have any of the information required, then please call your carrier to see if you can port your number in. If you do not get any of the info needed from your carrier then chances are you can not port your number in.

If that is the case then please check out our guide for using Google Voice.

Right now we support porting from the following companies:

Sprint
Verizon
AT&T
T-Mobile
MetroPCS
US Cellular

Other companies may or may not be supported. No guarantees are made for successful porting, but should you have any problems then please contact an admin for help :)
Post edited by Jorge on
Tagged:

Comments

• Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    @ali You may want to add google voice to your list. I have ported one of my old google voice numbers to my freedompop phone. The process was fairly simple and the porting was completed in 48 hours.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ali‌

Do you have any advice, for the people that are asked for a pin number? Wouldn't the pin number, be a number created on the account (number) there trying to port.

(Example). When you open a virgin Mobile account, it ask you to pick a 6 digit pin number.

Would the 6 digit pin number be the Pin freedompop is asking for?

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @njfulwider5‌ I think that is the PIN required... But to be honest I think it's a good idea to port to google voice and then freedompop since @Richard Allen‌ reports that GV works.

Thanks Richard for letting me know of GV... I couldn't edit my post but if people read ur comment it will help :)
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ali
    There is a Pin Required. I guess the question rephrased. Do you happen to know, where the pin comes from. Does Freedompop have any kind of link to show us, what the pin might be. If you check out any of the neighbor company, they have a page/link dedicated to the information need to port a number.

I have a few links, and Richard just sent me another. I'll PM them to you and you can take a quick peek and tell me what you think....

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@njfulwider5‌ I think that the PIN is the account PIN number that you create.
    In theory that would be awesome....But even when you place random numbers. It will not accept it......

Either the people that are being asked for pin to port there numbers are doing something wrong.

OR---company's not supported by freedompop. The system is asking for a pin.

You get way to many success story for a company, and than you get somebody who is having issues.

Have you had a chance to read my post---hop over there and give me some ALI advice!!!!

• David YoungentobDavid Youngentob Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    @ali please post the link to where you initiate or submit a port request... I cannot get anywhere from this http://freedompop.com/acct_choose_phone_number where the "transfer a number to freedom pop" link just brings up a popup window with information but no portal to the porting process itself.

Thanks!
  • Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    @ali @njfulwider If you are going to recommend that someone port to another service then to Freedompop it would be a good idea to investigate a service called ringto. If you port a number into GV there is a $20 port in fee then a $3 port out fee. Ringto does not charge in or out.
    @David Youngentobhttp://freedompop.com/acct_manage_number.htm

@Richard Allen‌ RingTo is awesome but I don't know if it will work with FP or not. If it does then I will recommend it to everyone who wants to port in from an unsupported carrier
    edited October 2014 #11
    @Richard Allen@Ali
    I like to use TalkATone if i can't use freedompop....Free unlimited text, free voice call received, and 30mins free outgoing a month. 99c buys you 60mins-till you use it...does not go away at the end of the month..

I wonder if my talkatone number will port? I didn't even think of this...just mean I'll have to take it from my Ipod touch....

I heard talkatone and Google voice is a great combo

@njfulwider5‌ Not familiar with talkatone. Is it a SIP provider? I am a little more familiar with grooveip. If you have a ringto account and number you can load grooveip on your freedompop phone and connect it to your ringto number.

What I like about using grooveip is that when you are on wifi and make a call it does not subtract from your minutes or mb's. When not on wifi it uses mb's and not minutes.
  • hankjrodhankjrod Posts: 368FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    I think with Tmobile and MetroPcs the default pin was your birthday. I am not100% sure though.
    @hankjrod T-Mobile and MetroPCS will actually tell you your pin if you call them.
    @hankjrod‌

I have to agree, I think I have used my b-day on numerous occasion for the pin....Its the perfect 6 digits, we can all remember the easiest...

@Richard Allen

TalkaTon use to partner with Google Voice for it service, till something happen to have talkaton branch out on there own. I think I read it is a VOIP with SIP support..

I just got it on my ipod, when I found out freedompop voice and text, didn't work on my touch 4th gen. I have the sleeve and a ipod.....

@njfulwider5‌ Talkatone used to use Google Voice over the XMPP protocol but then the XMPP protocol shut off so now Talkatone has to use their own VoIP solution in order for people to be able to send text and call.
  • nawlins51 51nawlins51 51 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I just ported a number from ATT to freedompop. I had issues when freedom pop website was asking for "ACCOUNT PIN". I had no idea what this was so I took a guess since I could not get an answer from Freedompop. The guess worked and within 48 hours the process was complete.

When it asks for ACCOUNT PIN on freedompop's website and you have ATT, Then go into your account at ATT and create a "SECURITY PASS CODE" under update profile settings. That is what you have to give freedompop for ACCOUNT PIN. If you have trouble on ATT website finding it use live chat. They walk you through it within a couple of minutes. Its easy.

Hope this helps.
    @ali....Your the man!!!

Yea its a pretty cool app....worked great on my ipod touch

@njfulwider5‌ I love that app but I like google handouts better ;)
    @Ali‌

That to bad....Have you used TalkATone in the past month.....

It is noway close to the same app it was when google voice customers used it on there devices....Its got a few cool features....It use allot of the phones resources now...They need to work on there settings area...but most of the work is already done for you....

Google hangouts is your favorite app....Talkatone is mine....apples and oranges :)

edited October 2014 #22
    Looks like I will try talkatone... Sounds like a good app :)
    @Ali‌
    You try TalkaTone and I'll try Google hangout....

@njfulwider5‌ Downloading... Probably will create an account tomorrow ish ;)
    @Ali‌
    let me know how it works on the Iphone....I have not tried it. I have an account-I just haven't tried it on the iphone yet...I purchase 2$ in credits a few months back...and as much as I use my cell(ipod for calling)...I never used the 120mins. I still have 150mins in my account....

@Ali‌ @Rich Sias ( LastDay: 16th )
    I have one for your guys and I am sure its been asked before. Does the number have to be active in order to port? I am under the assumption it does. Has and body ported the own number from the cell your using-You know how the phone's native number is apparent on the Iphones.
    Reason I ask. If the phones native number was ported threw freedompop, wouldn't you have access to Face time and Imessage? I know that you can use you Apple email to access these, but what if you ported the number associated with the phone?
    Just Curious...