Incorrect Security Code error when entering MSL # on BYOD S3

Erik ElliottErik Elliott Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
I am unable to activate my BYOD S3. When I enter the provided MSL # I get the error "Incorrect Security Code Please Try Again" It reboots after 2 tries.

Please help I am unable to use my phone.

Answers

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Erik Elliott
    You might need a admin to help with this , here are there names..

@KathyFP‌ @JasmineS‌ @ "Jorge M @‌FreedomPop‌ @K_Ber‌@Taylor‌
    @Darla_A‌ @Vanessa‌ @EdwinFreedomPop‌ @GeorgeD‌ @lolabee

or customer service call the 1 (888) 701-1353, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm PDT

I went ahead and threw the @sign in there for you to reach an admin, But they wont be back on the forum till tmr

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may enter the code 000000 as the MSL and see if it works for you
  • Hey @Erik Elliott
    I just PMed you your MSL. Please kindly check your inbox :)
  • Erik ElliottErik Elliott Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I have tried both recommendations and continue to have the same issue. First
    I tried entering 000000. It reset the phone to factory defaults. I reset the phone up, but it is still is inactive.

Kathy I then tried your suggestion. That is the same MSL # I had when signing up and when I follow the instruction I still the Incorrect Security code error. I have also reset PRL and Profile.
  • Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 720FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭

I have tried both recommendations and continue to have the same issue. First
    I tried entering 000000. It reset the phone to factory defaults. I reset the phone up, but it is still is inactive.

Kathy I then tried your suggestion. That is the same MSL # I had when signing up and when I follow the instruction I still the Incorrect Security code error. I have also reset PRL and Profile.

It seems like this phone was unlocked before, so the MSL is actually 000000 like @Ali suggested. If it reset to factory defaults, then it reset properly (that is what entering the MSL does with that key sequence). The problem may be somewhere else. May need an admin to check the account.
  • Erik ElliottErik Elliott Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Yes if an admin could look at the accoun that would be appreciated! :)
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Hey @Erik Elliott

You account looks fine on my end. FreedomPop does not support unlocked phones.
    Can you also look at this pathway and let me know what it says?
    Settings>Wireless>APN

You can check if you go to another carrier's store with SIM cards and ask if the phone works with that store's card. If it does, then yes it is unlocked. If it does not accept the card, then it may be another issue.

Please kindly @ my name so i know that you are responding :)