**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

my freedompop samsung galaxy s3 did not connect to the network

chao wangchao wang FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 0
I just bought this galaxy S3 from groupon and activate it through home network. But once I left home, it did not connect to any network, and I even tried to update the profile or PRL, it gave me errors.

Please do help.

Thanks and best regards

Wang Chao

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @chao wang

before you left your home, your phone was activated and ready to go. Once you left the house..No data and you tried a Profile and PRL update. Can you try the Profile and PRL update when your at home getting a really good wifi connection? Also make sure that data is enabled in the settings.

Trying going into setting in your messenger app...

in the freedompop message app...look at the top left hand side(messaging with a bluebox and a arrow point left) tick the arrow

scroll down to (settings) tick settings

scroll down to (Network) tick network

scroll all the way down to (for incomin calls) and tick all three boxes

scroll all the way down to (For outgoing call) and tick all three boxses

Boxes say(use wifi) (use 3g and better) and (use other networks) on both

try these settings and let me know how it goes

let start here and see if we can figure out your issue...

Hope to hear from you soon

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• chao wangchao wang FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 0
    Thanks for the comments!

I have tried to update profile and PRL at home with a perfect Wifi, it gave me errors.

anything else I can do?

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @chao wang

There is a few things you can try, but it requires the help of a admin or the customer service...

lets try the admins

@KathyFP‌ @JasmineS‌ @ "Jorge M @‌FreedomPop‌ @K_Ber‌@Taylor‌
    @Darla_A‌ @Vanessa‌ @EdwinFreedomPop‌ @GeorgeD‌ @lolabee

I hope they can help you get this phone going!!!

Good luck!!!

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• @chao wang‌ Hi! i see you spoke with one of our agents today, were they able to resolve this issue for you?
    "Don't forget to vote on our latest Poll for a chance to win some FreedomPop gear! :) https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7284/where-do-you-take-your-portable-hotspot-device#latest"
  • chao wangchao wang FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 0
    the problem had been solved after an MSL reset.
    Thanks!
    @chao wang

Glad it worked out for you...Awesome!!!

• Nes FP-SGalaxy_S3Nes FP-SGalaxy_S3 FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    My phone is currently not connecting to any network. I believe it was a billing issue. I have updated my account but still no service... a little help please? thanks.
    XDA, Captain Picard, and NYC ==> All kick a$$!
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭
    Is your account still in suspension, I know when the last time I had a suspension, it show up on my account in big bold red stripe at the top on freedompop.com. If you are not suspended, try uninstall and reinstall the app. Power cycle your phone. Mean well, PM a admin to look at your account and ask for refresh.

Once you got connection again, do your Profile and PRL for 3g again. Do this in 4g or WiFi only.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
    Heres a little video just to try if you need to update your profile and PRL

@Nes FP-SGalaxy_S3
    Any luck? have you gotten any response?