Unable to text at all. Calling works fine. Has been a week

Khiem NguyenKhiem Nguyen Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
The calling component works fine, I can call freely and receive calls fine. I read that the texting takes 24-48 hours to take effect. Still doesn't work after a week. I have done an MSL reset, manually updated profile/prl and reinstalled/cleared cache of the freedompop messaging app. Only calling works after all this. I can get a data signal fine (4G LTE) and connect to the internet and make calls w/o wifi.

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Khiem Nguyen

Do you have data sync disabled? if so enable data sync and sign into your google account...

let me know if this helped?

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Khiem NguyenKhiem Nguyen Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm not sure how that would affect texting. If you're talking about the options in freedompop messaging, I have all the boxes toggled, set to be available at all times (not just wifi, but 3G, 4G as well). I can't send texts at all, either through wifi or just data. If I look at my account summary, there's no text history either (meaning it never went through)
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Khiem Nguyen
    Try going to the app(freedompop messaging) in application settings....Find Freedompop, open----force stop than clear cache......go back to your home page and click the app...You'll have to log back in.....see if this helps

but before that

data sync is in the setting of the phone....and they will affect the text app

go to accounts and sync in settings.....should be something that say general sync settings.....Make sure your account is set ---background data and auto sync are checked

also make sure your logged into your google account, and run to you play store app--go to settings and set to download update(only on wifi)

If you need help getting to these settings, just reply back here...

settings might be name different on your phone, but there pretty close on all androids....

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Khiem NguyenKhiem Nguyen Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I have sync settings enabled and I have restarted, cleared cache, reinstalled the application several times. Only calling feature works.
    @Khiem Nguyen
    You might need a admin to look at your account , here are there names..

@KathyFP‌ @JasmineS‌ @ "Jorge M @‌FreedomPop‌ @K_Ber‌@Taylor‌
    @Darla_A‌ @Vanessa‌ @EdwinFreedomPop‌ @GeorgeD‌ @lolabee

or customer service call the 1 (888) 701-1353, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm PDT

I went ahead and threw the @sign in there for you to reach an admin

Hope this helps

• Hello @Khiem Nguyen‌ i'm sorry to hear you are having difficulty with your device can you please PM me the mac id, esn, or meid for the device.
    "Don't forget to vote on our latest Poll for a chance to win some FreedomPop gear! :) https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7284/where-do-you-take-your-portable-hotspot-device#latest"