Phone stopped being able to accept calls or send/receive texts

On October 7th at 4:30pm my HTC Evo 4G phone stopped being able to text (at all) or receive phone calls. Being a somewhat informed person I immediately started trying to fix this myself. I did the usual power cycle. Nope. I then went online and sought out general tips/hints for help. Finding posts on here about updating the profile and prl - I attempted that. No luck. I then uninstalled FP messenger/reinstalled it. Did the profile/prl again. No luck. At this point I logged into my account to see if anything had happened there - everything looks good there.
At this point I decided that perhaps something bigger was going on in the phone and opted to just "start over" ((nothing on it to terribly important)) and did a factory reset using the menu options. I got online and used the steps to setup a new phone and did exactly as they stated. At this point the FP icon was in the upper left corner and I was excited. However, I still can not text and receive phone calls. At this point I knew I needed help and emailed tech support. This was late at night on October 7th. It is now October 10th at almost 8pm (my time) and I haven't had anyone contact me, the phone still isn't texting or receiving calls. I would REALLY like some help.
Please and thank you for your time!
Ginger

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ginger McCabe
    Is this a dbl post....Did you want to work of this post or the other we started?

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• @Ginger McCabe‌ Good morning, are you still experiencing any issues?
  • Ginger McCabeGinger McCabe Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Thank you for the responses. I want to work off this post because it had more information in it. I apologize for the double post. The phone is still not texting.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ginger McCabe
    Try to make sure your logged into your google account. Make sure you have no disabled auto sync.

Let dbl check these setting first...and I have a couple of other setting you can check to.

auto sync is in the settings>>>Accounts and sync--make sure background data and auto sync is checked

Let me know if this helped

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

As njfulwider5 suggested on the other thread,
    "I know this is going to sound crazy...But make sure you have data sync enabled, in account and sync in settings. Also make sure your logged in to your google account. Go to the play store and go to settings and set the update--only update on wifi..."
    I did follow these instructions the data sync was already enabled. I had also already done the update.
    @Ginger McCabe

if that has no effect try this?

Trying going into setting in your freedompop messenger app...

in the freedompop message app...look at the top left hand side(messaging with a bluebox and a arrow point left) tick the arrow

scroll down to (settings) tick settings

scroll down to (Network) tick network

scroll all the way down to (for incomin calls) and tick all three boxes

scroll all the way down to (For outgoing call) and tick all three boxses

Boxes say(use wifi) (use 3g and better) and (use other networks) on both

try these settings and let me know how it goes

@Ginger McCabe
    You made sure data sync was enabled-did you make sure your logged into you google account?

When you say "tick" I am assuming you want these boxes to display a checkmark in them indicating they are selected. They were already selected.
    In that area of settings - I see that I have 2484 minutes left, but 0 text left. Could this be my problem? I am on the unlimited text/phone plan. Limited data (500mb I think)
    @Ginger McCabe

Thanks for the opportunity to help. I hope they figure out if they can fix the issue..Finger crossed. I hope this answered all your question?

Thanks again and have a great rest of the night...