**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Washington area codes

Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,244FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2014 in Talk About FreedomPop #1
A lot of folks lament the lack of available phone numbers shown them (0).
I just registered on ring.to in order to port a number I have.
They will also assign numbers.
I saw at least 10 in area 509 and over 30 in 360.
There may be a restriction on porting out the assigned number.
The cost to: port in $0, port out $0, park $0 - such a deal
----
Best use here is port your active cell to ring.to
Deactivate phone, wait up to 30 days for clean esn.
Activate phone in FP.
Port your cell # from ring.to to FP.
----
I installed Groove IP lite
Picked a number I liked.
Up came a dialer !
I dialed my main cell, it rang, I answered it.
I said hello into both.
About 0.5 seconds delay, not too bad!
Free calls ( on wifi ) will use data on 3G/4G but still free other wise.
Don't know what limits there are, yet.
--->that was the fastest VoIP setup an call I've done since I started VoIP ing 7 years ago.

All I am doing, now is waiting for Tuesday when I will know if my port request will work. 5 more days to finish if so.
Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
Tagged:

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rich Sias ( LastDay: 16th )

Nice Job....360 for Washington is the (sticks/middle of nowhere) in area codes....Unless you live way up south...bellingham-blaine...closer to the border in Canada...

What most of us would love to have...

253--206---425----360 last

253-206 are the numbers to look for

did you see any of the first three....

Good Looking out!!!!

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,244FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014 #3
    Now that I've picked a number, I can't go back to the chooser any more. There's gotta be a way to change settings in Groove IP somehow.
    Found it lower left built in button off screen.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,244FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    253 - Graham, Tacoma, Sumner in first ten
    206 - none
    425 - none
    509 - Spokane
    If I type 253 66
    It searches area 253 with a pair of 6's in last 7 digits.
    Can search by zip code or city, state
    I got back in with 2nd email like FP wants. Just NOT selecting number this time.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might have to check this out....253 is my area....

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

Looks like you get choice of three cities from 253.
    I tried many digit pairs, only got numbers from same three cities, never a fourth.

You Freeking Rock!!!!!!So I can try and get this ring.to number and than port it to FP?

I might activate on of my spares and try this---If it works, I can swap all the numbers I have.....

Right now we are using Oregon numbers--Except one(he got a 360 number)

I totally space the 509 area code!!!!!Richland, Pasco, and Kennewick Tri Cities!!!

You Rock!!!!!!

I know it free to port in and free to port out an inported number.
    However, there might be either a fee or not allowed to out port assigned numbers. They seem to treat them a bit different.
    At the very least it can be used as a forwarding no. To FP.
    I pounded 509 n, to see some different cities.
    Spokane 795 850, Liberty Lake 255, Coulee Dam 631, that's all I could find, 4 exchanges, 3 cities for area code 509.
  • Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    If you choose a number using grooveip to sign up for ring.to there is a $5 fee to port the number out. If you get a number from google voice the port out fee is $3.
    Someone said in forum porting into Google Voice is $20 out is $3.
    I did see the $5 in ring.to but wasn't real sure what it applied to as the portin then out was free round trip. Hey, even $5 for a number seems kinda cheap.
    Since Google is $3 to port out from assigned no. How's their supply of WA state numbers ?
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Washington DC? The place where I'm so close to? Or the state??

My 2 cents- 240, 202, 301, 703, 410, 443

All DC, MD, or VA
    @Ali‌

Seattle Washington....The Rainy State, home of the Super Bowl Winners,,, The Might Seattle SeaHawks

Have you figured out all the charges on each port? If its cheap enough, I might want to give it a try...
    @Ali‌
    You up there visiting the sites? I haven't been to WDC in almost 20 years...I just remember the traffics Crazy!!!!

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @njfulwider5‌ DC is home... I toured everything in the summer but I'm here in NY's Capitol Albany right now.
    Dc is home??....holy cow, you'll be driving here in a year and from what I remember traffic there is 100 times worse the here in Seattle.....

I was in Syracuse for business trip 4 years ago.....weather is very much like Seattle...I never made it to Albany...

Have Fun!!!You deserve it!!!!

• Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    @Rich Sias (LastDay: 16th) That information was from me. Yes, if you port in to google voice it is a $20 fee. But, if you get a free google voice number and port it out there is only a $3 port out fee.

I was in a situation where I could not get a FP phone number in my area code so I got one in google voice, paid the $3 and ported it to my new FP phone.