Can't connect to 3G, wifi and 4G wimax works

Hi Admin,
My HTC 4G EVO seems can't connect to 3G. The only time it's connect is through wifi, or when 4G wimax is available. But I have limited coverage around the my home for 4G (wimax) but 3G coverage is decent. My MEID is: A1000017A5F4EF.

I have tried to update profile, then PRL, but still got the same issue without connection to 3G. I have even tried factory reset (pwr+volume-down, then clear storage) and still can't connect.

Thanks

Comments

• Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014 #2
    What connection type you try this in, WiFi, WiMax or 3g. The best way to be successful is in WiMax and WiFi. This way we find out what did not work.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @junglejim‌

hey here is a suggestion..Just check these settings?
    Trying going into setting in your messanger app...

in the freedompop message app...look at the top left hand side(messaging with a bluebox and a arrow point left) tick the arrow

scroll down to (settings) tick settings

scroll down to (Network) tick network

scroll all the way down to (for incomin calls) and tick all three boxes

scroll all the way down to (For outgoing call) and tick all three boxses

Boxes say(use wifi) (use 3g and better) and (use other networks) on both

try these settings and let me know how it goes

I have a few other setting you can check too, if these don't work...

Good luck!!!

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Jody MackJody Mack Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm having the same issue with my Evo 4G phone - will not connect to 3g. When I try to put a website in the browser in 3g, it just takes me to a page that says my device is not found in their system. I've been going back and forth here and nothing works - somebody setting these up or some computer program or something on their end is obviously not properly configured.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jody Mack

Somebody should get to the post you created soon, We gave a shout out to the admins over on the post you created? If we don't hear from them, well try again in a little. The admins are really busy on Mondays. But they usually get to all who gave the shout outs...

@njfulwider5‌ if you need help or the issues doesn't get resolved?

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Hi @junglejim‌ can you please PM me the email address associated with the account ?
    "Don't forget to vote on our latest Poll for a chance to win some FreedomPop gear! :) https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7284/where-do-you-take-your-portable-hotspot-device#latest"
    @lolabee‌
    He created a post, I've been over there calling for a admin? Not sure if you had a chance to check it out?

• junglejimjunglejim Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Sorry folks, I have created the post but got the message saying "your message will be posted once being reviewed and approved". I did not get any email telling me it's approved and posted, but apparently it's already posted:)

Anyway, I have PMed to lolabee for my account information. I will post the solution and let your guys know if it worked or not.

Thanks for all the help.
    @njfulwider5,
    I have tried your suggestion and still got 128 error. Please note that it's not just freedompop messaging feature not working, I can't browse internet either with 3G. If wifi/4G are unavailable (or disabled), I don't have a connection (no ip address is obtained).

@junglejim‌
    Have you updated the profile and PRL yet...

Make sure your wifi is connected...

Tick menu....Than settings.....scroll down to Update phone(second from the btm)...Tick that and go inside....Hit Update Profile first...wait for it to say update successful, that go back and do the same for PRL..

@junglejim‌
    I just relized you already tried profile and prl...

have you tried to restart your wifi router....than again do the update...

worked on my HTC evo 4g>>>>3 of them

• @junglejim‌ were you connected to either 4g or wifi when you performed the PRL update?
    "Don't forget to vote on our latest Poll for a chance to win some FreedomPop gear! :) https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7284/where-do-you-take-your-portable-hotspot-device#latest"
    @junglejim‌

Sorry to interupt...

I forgot to mention the first time I seen error 128 on 3 of my htc evo 4gs at the same time.

Comcast had been doing some work in my area....My wifi router is hooked up to my comcast router. I have it bridged. When they reset the comcast router. I had no idea they did this? usually I'll reset my wifi router at the same-time.

My kids got home from school and as soon as they walked in the house, all three of them had error 128.--kinda weird...3 at the same-time???
    I tried to update the profile and PRL, and it did no good. Talking to my wife, she mentioned that the cable went out for a little today, while I was busy. I reset the wifi router, and performed the updates again...profile and PRL....I haven't seen the error again.

the weird thing>>>the phones when I got the issue( error 128)-they still had wifi and internet on the phones?..so I thought all was good.

Error 128 is usually a wifi issue...If you got this error from the start, and Resetting the router does not work. Try..to disable all security features in your wifif router and see if this helped. You'll have to turn on the setting in your wifi router one by one to find the culprit...

I hope this helps

@lolabee,
    I was connected to wifi when I performed the PRL update.

@njfulwider5‌
    I did not restart router since I was able to connect to wifi and 4G-wimax. Restart wifi router probably won't help.
    @lolabee,
    Can you send me my MSL reset code? I can do MSL reset, followed by update profile/PRL with 4G-wimax
    For your freedompop expert, does freedompop support this phone to connect 3G. If I enable 4G from setting->wireless & network->4G, I can see it is connecting to Sprint and obtain ip address. But if I disable 4G or 4G is unavailable, I don't see anywhere in the setting that you can enable/scan for 3G connection.
    edited October 2014 #17
    @junglejim‌

Sometimes a router will start to send out a really sluggish signal...OR, there can be a million reasons you need to restart the router?

when I got the error 128 on all three phones at the sametime....I had great internet on all three phones....I had internet on my laptop...

sometime a router restart is all you need...

sometimes you might have a security setting, that prevents the ping to request the profile and PRL...

I recommend you please try and restart you wifi router...than update your profile and prl...

Good luck

edited October 2014 #18
    The only time you will see it scan for a 3g network, when it is locating a signal, than you'll see it locating a signal at the top right corner of the phone.next to the battery sign, and time..3g is the default signal...

Here is a quick video...not sure if this will help, but it might be a good reference for later...

• freejerrydomfreejerrydom Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I am having the exact same issue, i can only get wifi/4G but not 3g.
    and the 4g signal is not strong enough to make a call.
    can you please give me my MSL reset code, i want to trying resetting my phone.
    can you also refresh my account.
    thanks
    You might need a admin to do this , here are there names..

@KathyFP‌ @JasmineS‌ @ "Jorge M @‌FreedomPop‌ @K_Ber‌@Taylor‌
    @Darla_A‌ @Vanessa‌ @EdwinFreedomPop‌ @GeorgeD‌

or customer service call the 1 (888) 701-1353, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm PDT

I went ahead and threw the @sign in there for you to reach an admin
    Hope this helps you

• joseph grovesjoseph groves Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I just activated my htc phone and can make phone calls, however i can not get any data on phone. I know i have it available because this is my 2nd phone and the other gets a nice strong signal. I have already reset the PRL and other stuff listed on different post with no luck. I was on hold yesterday for 35 minutes then the call went dead yesterday to the support line. I need some help here, im sure it something on the other end. On my account info it shows voice,txt,data bars but the data bar is not high lighted in green like the other two. thanks
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,274FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    The green is the used portion of that bar.
    But, then you can't use data, it's still zero.
    Can you call & talk?
    Can you text & get texts
    Can you browse the web ?

Yes to all three ?, then you CAN use data. Maybe just not recorded?
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    @joseph groves

Take a peek at this post

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/5346/lets-talk-about-the-new-update-version-28-15-05-36-1020-oct-20-2014-and-older-app-version-27#latest

I own a HTC evo 4g....a few of them...Most of the phone setting there are for the HTC evo 4g...worth a shot?