**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Battery Drain

stevehauserstevehauser FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 56
I just got my used S3 on Ebay and activated last week... Something is going on with the battery because it drains from 100% down to dead in just 5 hours. I have ordered a replacement battery and it is coming today and I hope that solves it... but I'm wondering... is there something that might be draining it so fast?

Comments

• Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The FreedomPop app could be the culprit although the development team is working to have minimal battery drain.

You may want to disable other background services that have an impact on battery, and you should download the battery doctor app from the Google Play Store.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @stevehauser‌
    where did you get the battery? I have 6 android devices(cell phones).Each and every single one of them. If used straight 4-5 hours, I'd be lucky. These androids are horrible on batteries. Like ali mentioned, the fp app could be the culprit.

What I did to fix these. I went to ebay and found 3400mah batteries. Compared to the 1500mah batteries. I was getting around 8 hours straight use..sometime more. The phone last allot longer without being charged. The S3 has a 2100mah battery. I seen batteries all the way to 4600mah for the S3. I am also the type that puts a case and battery protector on all my phones. I also seen a few battery cases, with and extra 1500mah to 2500mah battery installed inside of the case.

I hope the battery helps...But doing a google search pulls up tons of trick to do to an android to same on the battery....(just stay away from the auto sync)leave auto sync enabled, or you will miss important text.

Good luck on your search

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• stevehauserstevehauser FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 56
    OK... bought a brand new battery on Ebay (2250mah) and put it in last night. Today, started my day at 5AM. It is now 10:46A (5hr, 45 min) and with NO usage, the phone is at 68% left. Is this typical?
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say it's pretty typical. njfulwider5‌ has posted great tips on squeezing longer time out of a battery. Doing more tips may get yours to go over 12 hours before concern.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • James ShryockJames Shryock FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    I bought an extra large one with oversized case and that seems to work - but dang they sure like to burn up the battery life. I know some applications that look for updates like Mail, Facebook, Tweeter will burn up the battery life. Might see about making as many so they only refresh when you tell them to.
  • SouthernSouthern FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    If you use Google Wallet's "Tap and Pay" feature, or any other app that uses NFC tho, be careful with those eBay batteries. Since the NFC antenna is actually located *in the battery*, a lot of those 3rd party and knockoff batteries don't include the NFC antenna to save on costs.

As far as battery life goes, I too am only getting about 12 hours out of my FreedomPop S3.. I'm trying to track down the offending application(s), but I believe in the end it's going to wind up being the FreedomPop App itself. My Verizon S3, with the exact same Apps installed (including Google Voice & Hangouts) can go 3 days between recharges.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @James Shryock
    Did you get the 3400 Mah Battery. I ended up getting 6 batteries for my 6 htc evo 4g's. Out of 6 only one of them was defective...I got 4 the first round and 2 more a little later. But only one I had to return for a new one.

I ended up getting a charger, battery, case back to fit the battery, and cover(11-14$). With 1500 mah Batteries. Just doing activation, I loss almost 30-40%. The phone with no use, would die in about 6 hours.

With the 3400 Mah, I get a good 2 days before I have to charge. Out of the 48 hours, the phones were off for 16 hours total. Night and day...The crazy thing, when you look at them online, you think there going to be extra thick. But there only a 1/8 inch thicker. I did see a few 2200 and 2400 mah slim batteries. But I opted for the bigger.

I was helping somebody on the s3 and I seen they had a battery that was 4600mah, just as fat as the ones I got. I could only imagine how long that would last>>>But it was very spend y. The s3-s2-s4 has a wide variety of batteries...

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Warren RoseWarren Rose FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    The 2100mAh stock battery for the S3 is woefully inadequate, mine would go dead with no use after 15-16 hours, which made charging a pain and impractical. Add in the Freedompop app messenger which is a battery vampire and it's really bad. I solved this problem by purchasing an Anker 4400mAh battery and replacement cover for $23 shipped from Amazon. It will definitely increase the thickness of the phone, but it still fits into any non-skinny/girl jeans pants pocket without any major issues. Now I average 2-2.5 days with light use or 1.5 days with moderate use. Definitely recommend the upgraded battery and I definitely recommend Anker, I have several products of theirs and they can't be beat for the money. They do have a whopping 7200 mAh battery, but it will make your phone about 7 or 8 times thicker than stock and it can cause reductions in signal strength for your phone. The 4400mAh is the best compromise IMHO.