Invalid SIM after months of no problems

BHLBHL Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
After months of having everything work fine with my BYOD iPhone 5, I have recently been getting an "Invalid SIM" message (and so am unable to connect to the cell network). I've tried restarting the phone, resetting the network, doing a service update, all with no effect. (Actually, the service update temporarily restores the cell connection, but within 1/2 hour I'm back to "Invalid SIM" again.)

What can I do to restore service?

Thanks.

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BHL‌
    You might need a admin to look at your account , here are there names..

@KathyFP‌ @JasmineS‌ @ "Jorge M @‌FreedomPop‌ @K_Ber‌@Taylor‌
    @Darla_A‌ @Vanessa‌ @EdwinFreedomPop‌ @GeorgeD‌ @lolabee

or customer service call the 1 (888) 701-1353, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm PDT

I went ahead and threw the @sign in there for you to reach an admin

Hope this helps

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• BHLBHL Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    @njfulwider5‌

Thanks for the info -- very helpful.

@KathyFP -- do you have any suggestions for me?
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello! Please try to reset your network settings and do a restore in iTunes.
    @Ali - Thanks for the suggestions. I have already tried resetting the network connections and doing a service update. When I do that, I get a notice on my iPhone indicating that the SIM is locked and eventually that there is a SIM failure.

Since nothing has changed on my phone (and since this had been working flawlessly previously), I suspect something has changed on the other (Sprint's?) end.
    @BHL‌

Hope this helps

• TripsTrips Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Same problem. Even after the network refresh it SK
    How's Invaid SIM

Hope this helps

I have been trying to get this problem of Invalid SIM on iphone 5 resolved for my kid without any success so far. Freedompop service has so far not been able to address the issue. Were you able to resolve the problem? Any tips...
    @Trips‌
    I sent a shout out to the admins...Hoping the admins have more success...

I did reach out to them.... But after initial response, they have not been able to resolve ...
    @Trips‌
    To the admins or customer service?

There are 10 admins...

Admins ... i communicated with one of them
    @Trips‌
    lets try again

Hope they can help you get the phone up for the kiddo....

@Trips‌
    I still haven't been able to resolve things. What's strange is that my phone was working perfectly with FreedomPop for months before this issue cropped up.

I talked with Ray in technical support. He walked me through many of the standard things (resetting the phone, deleting and reinstalling the FreedomPop app), all with no effect. He escalated the issue and promised that I'd be copied on an e-mail from him to the escalation team within 15 minutes; over an hour later and I have yet to receive the e-mail, though I've still got my fingers crossed. It would be good to know what is happening.
    @BHL‌
    have you talked to any admins?

Did anyone here try an iTunes restore? This issue is with an incorrect carrier.plist file in your carrier bundle and the only fix is to get your phone restored.

If you backup and then restore there will be no problems whatsoever with loss of data.

Also what model of the SIM card are you using? It has to be a SIMGLW406R. I managed to use a Micro-SIM card that I cut down (206R) and it worked, however I changed to a real nano-SIM since mine wouldn't fit properly in the slot ;)
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014 #19
    There are three area this problem can be at;
    1. Problem on the server side at freedompop.
    2. Incorrect or missing file like Ali as posted. A restore is needed in this case.
    3. Your Sim has gone bad, in this case, you have to get a new one.

If you try number 2 or 3 does not work if done right, then you know it on FP side.

Note, if you get a new Sim, freedompop will have to have your new ICCID number, so that they can enter that number into there database.

Remember this effect only 4g, you can still use 3g and WiFi until you able to get this fix.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
    3G will not work either without a sim on the iphone.
  • Rose NguyenRose Nguyen Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    My iphone 5 also stopped working on Oct. 24, 2014. I did a factory restore and I went to two different apple store and got new sim cards. It works okay now, but I know that I am not getting all of my text messages (twitter & uber). AND it does not work with the 3g/4g network. If I try to place a call, it says poor quality, and hangs up. I have emailed the support team several times, it is very frustrating; almost to the point of trading cell services again.

I have tried to email them several times to update my ICCID but I don't think I am getting through. Has anyone else had any luck??
    @Rose Nguyen
    A new IOS8 update for the Freedompop free voice and text, went out last night-10/27/2014.....Might help clear up some of those issues...

You might have to uninstall and re-install the app to get the push notifications to work...Push the app till it shakes....click the red x...let it delete....reset the phone, pressing the home button and the Power button on the top till the screen turns off...If it don't reset..wait a few mins....Press the power button till you see the apple in the middle of the screen....once started..visit the apple store and download the new app..

Make sure to click yes when it ask you is it ok to push notifications!!!

let me know how it goes...

• djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @""Rose Nguyen"‌
    You can send a message to an admin on here. Just click on their name and send them a private message with your new ICCID. Or you can post the ICCID here and ask them to look at your account. You get their attention by placing "@" in front of their user name.

Here I will do it for you:

@KathyFP @JasmineS @Jorge M @K_Ber @Taylor
    @Darla_A @Vanessa @GeorgeD @lolabee
    @FreedomPop @EdwinFreedomPop

Have tried to reach out to the admins but have not received a response to the issue. The problem continues. Cant use the phone at all
  • ValdroidValdroid Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    @BHL I am having the same issue. How did you get yours resolved? Please help
  • ValdroidValdroid Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    @BHL I am having the same issue. How did you get yours resolved? Please help