**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

FreedomPop101: PRL/Profile Update Instructional Videos

Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
edited January 2017 in FreedomPop 101 #1
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Click below for step by step video instructions on how to perform a "PRL/Profile Update."

Please advise, the links provided below are specifically for the devices mentioned.

Mi-Fi 4082

HTC EVO

OverDrive/OverDrive Pro: PRL/Profile Update

Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, and S4: PRL/Profile Update

Edit by njfulwider5;

You can also find your FreedomPop Device listed here, with the instructions:

FreedomPop Phones

FreedomPop Hotspots/USBs/Modems

*Please stay tuned as more tutorials become available
Post edited by njfulwider5 on

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jorge M
    Thank you!!!!!

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Andrew iPhone Moulton the 21stAndrew iPhone Moulton the 21st Posts: 50FreedomPop Newbie
    How do you do it on a BYOD galaxy tab? I never got an msl code. [email protected]
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    You can find your MSL code by logging into your account online and going to freedompop.com/acct_device.htm
  • Andrew iPhone Moulton the 21stAndrew iPhone Moulton the 21st Posts: 50FreedomPop Newbie
    it's not there
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Andrew Moulton

The only time it will be there--If you contacted customer support and they emailed it to you...Or one of the admins here gave it too you here..

Or during activation, you were advised to look in you inbox for one...

If you don't have one in your inbox....You must contact the admins and or Customer service for the code-They will advise you if a msl is something you need to fix you phone....Might find out you don't need to go to that extreme to fix you phone...Might be a soft reset?? You never know????
    Just pm a admin or call customers service..

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014 #7
    @Andrew Moulton
    Look in your email for a message with this subject:
    "Welcome to FreedomPop Phone Beta!"

Also, what information is displayed on your (online) My Account->Devices page?
    http://www.freedompop.com/acct_device.htm

On mine, I have:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Purchase Date: May 22, 2014
    MAC ID: 2566914xxxxxxxx
    MSL Code: 7xxxxx

Device Features:
    Sleek & Compact smartphone
    13 megapixel camera with simulatenous HD video
    Corning Gorilla Glass for extra screen protection
    Stay Connected 350+ hours of battery life in standby mode
    imageimage I didn't get an email like that :(
    edited October 2014 #9

@Andrew Moulton

The only time it will be there--If you contacted customer support and they emailed it to you...Or one of the admins here gave it too you here..

Or during activation, you were advised to look in you inbox for one...

If you don't have one in your inbox....You must contact the admins and or Customer service for the code-They will advise you if a msl is something you need to fix you phone....Might find out you don't need to go to that extreme to fix you phone...Might be a soft reset?? You never know????
    Just pm a admin or call customers service..

@Andrew Moulton
    @KathyFP‌ @JasmineS‌ @ "Jorge M @‌FreedomPop‌ @K_Ber‌@Taylor‌
    @Darla_A‌ @Vanessa‌ @EdwinFreedomPop‌ @GeorgeD‌ @lolabee

you'll need a admin or customer service to get one...

I called customer service, they escalated the issue and said I'd get an email with the MSL but I never heard from them again :(
    @Andrew Moulton
    Wait for a admin to respond or try a PM...

Once you get a MSL number, or they decide that is what you need to fix your phone, it normally shows up at the link--Or the device page on your account..

You should make sure this is what you need...Start a post and let us member's know what your problems are...Might be a simpler way-MSL reset should be used as a Last resort....and only under the guidance of a admin or Customer Support...

"they escalated the issue and said I'd get an email with the MSL" obviously CS thinks I need it.
    @Andrew Moulton
    Sorry I seen where you said this, I was trying to explain, that when they release it, if by some chance you don't get that email. you'll have it in your accounts device page. Allot of people seem to miss the email or they never get it.

Hope you get your email soon

• DOMINIC BOULTERDOMINIC BOULTER Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks for the video link :) I did all of these steps, and it hangs (then times out) on the PRL update ... any advice? (these steps are also lined out in the "How do I update the 3G Profile and PRL on my MiFi 4G/3G?" I also found somewhere on here ... they are just not working ... :( Here are the steps (basically same as the video (in case it does help someone else :))

1. Connect to your hotspot to a computer via WiFi
    --If you are not able to connect via Wifi, attach your MiFi device to a computer using a USB cable
    2. Enter 192.168.1.1 into the address bar your browser (or http://mifi.mlp/wwan3g.html )
    3. Enter in the admin password, "admin" (use old std server password)
    4. Navigate to the WWAN tab
    5. Click 3G in the WWAN menu
    6. Scroll down and click the '+' icon next to Service Updates
    6. Under Service Updates, choose "Update PRL", after it successfully completes then "Update profile". Both must complete. If one fails, please try again.
    7. Wait several minutes
    8. Turn device off and on again
  • danceladydancelady Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    people keep saying "call customer service" but I can't find a phone # for them.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @dancelady‌ , here are some numbers...
    Customer service
    (888) 743-8107--------------(888) 906-3184
    (888) 915-2647--------------(888) 731-1555
    (855) 703-5785--------------(888) 673-8518
    Tech Support-----------------(888) 701-1353, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm PDT
    Sales --------------------------(877) 848-2810 
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs