**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

HTC EVO Shift not eligible for activation?

shiftylockshiftylock Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
Hey! I have an evo shift that has a clean ESN and is being used with Expo Mobile, but for some reason I can't get it to work with freedompop! I go to the BYOD page, enter the ESN, and I'm told that my device isn't supported... what should I do? I know my device can work with freedompop, I just hope I can finally enjoy the awesome service without paying $30 a month for sprint's service...

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014 #2
    @shiftylock‌
    Can you shoot me you ESN/MEID# unless this is Not a Sprint Phone?

edit, just seen this is a Expo Mobile Phone, I am not sure what company that is, but on Freedompop, You can only use a Sprint Evo Shift
    Sorry

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014 #3
    @shiftylock‌
    I just did some research on the expo mobile phones...I see like freedompop, they have to be Sprint phone too...

Is it possible that your phone is still tied to these guys? Best way to check>>>

Go to Swappa.com and check you esn.meid

http://swappa.com/esn

it will tell you if your meid is clean and ready to go..

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• shiftylockshiftylock Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie

@shiftylock‌
    I just did some research on the expo mobile phones...I see like freedompop, they have to be Sprint phone too...

Is it possible that your phone is still tied to these guys? Best way to check>>>

Go to Swappa.com and check you esn.meid

http://swappa.com/esn

it will tell you if your meid is clean and ready to go..

My MEID is clean, my MEID is A100001B6F4BE6
    Also I checked my ESN with Swappa and it says it's Sprint.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it has been deactivated for more than 30 days from Expo Mobile, then it ought To be good for FreedomPop. Sine we've done nothing since the Snap! Message, it's time to call on an admin to find out the details why FP give the Snap! Error.

@JasmineS‌ 
    @Jorge M ‌ 
    @FreedomPop‌ 
    @K_Ber‌ 
    @Taylor‌ 
    @Darla_A‌ 
    @Vanessa‌ 
    @KathyFP‌ 
    @EdwinFreedomPop‌ 
    @GeorgeD‌
    @Britknee_‌ 
    @lolabee‌ 
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    @shiftylock‌

I just checked you meid..and while it is a sprint phone...It is still activated...It will say you have a clean meid and ready for activation....swappa says you phone is still tied to sprint...

Meaning..You are still tied to your old phone company?

ESN / MEID: A100001B6F4BE6
    Sprint
    Error ESN is currently activated.
    This indicates the ESN may already be activated on an account.
    above was pulled from swappa---esn is active

If it was clean it would say it was Ready for activation

Oh! So I have to deactivate my phone from expo mobile first? It's still active, I ported my number to google voice and plan on deactivating my account.
  • ChrisWChrisW Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    As far as I know, nobody has ever been able to activate the EVO Shift, myself included.
    @ChrisW‌

I have heard quite the few activating the Evo Shift. You have to make sure it is not the unlocked version...Make sure it locked and sprint has cleared the MEID...

@ChrisW‌

I have heard quite the few activating the Evo Shift. You have to make sure it is not the unlocked version...Make sure it locked and sprint has cleared the MEID...

Really? I have never seen anyone that has been able to activate the Shift. I purchased two to activate on Freedompop. I finally gave up and activated one of them on Ringplus (both from the same clean Strint account). I even provided the mods with my ESN twice and they still can't provide me with an explanation as to why it can't work.
    @ChrisW‌
    May 12th was the last time I seen any type of activation try, and you last comment here? what did taylor tell you after you PM'd him?

@shiftylock‌

Once you get a clean ESN, just try the BYOD...follow the directions to a T...if you want me to make sure your esn/meid is cleared, before you try..@sign njfulwider5
    I have seen quite a few Activated Fine...
    Hope to hear from you soon

@ChrisW‌
    May 12th was the last time I seen any type of activation try, and you last comment here? what did taylor tell you after you PM'd him?

He said there were currently problems activating the EVO Shift and they would let me know when they were solved. That of course never happened.

I have tried to activate it several times since then and always get the "Snap, looks like we do not currently support your phone model, but we will let you know when we add it." message.

Lets try again with a different admin or Customer service..here are there names..

@KathyFP‌ @JasmineS‌ @ "Jorge M @‌FreedomPop‌ @K_Ber‌@Taylor‌
    @Darla_A‌ @Vanessa‌ @EdwinFreedomPop‌ @GeorgeD‌ @lolabee

or customer service call the 1 (888) 701-1353, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm PDT

I went ahead and threw the @sign in there for you to reach an admin

Hope this helps