**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

FP Messaging app and public transit service

Arturo GarciaArturo Garcia FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
Because I don't have a car, I use my city's text service to check when the next bus is arriving at any given stop. Info here: http://www.sdmts.com/go.asp

The service works by texting the stop number to a 5-digit city number. But, because it's not a full phone number, FP's messenger won't send the message. Just bringing this to your attention in the hopes you have a fix soon.

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Arturo Garcia
    Freedompop does support Short code, mms>But from what I hear there working on it?

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• SouthernSouthern FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    NJfulwider5 is correct. Services such as these that offer texting to 5-6 digit numbers are called "Short Codes". Short Codes are implemented on the carrier side, and pretty much only the major carriers. It's very difficult for a VOIP application to support short codes, since VOIP bypasses the carriers (and FP is basically just a VOIP app sitting on top of a phone with a data plan. While a FP has a "real" Sprint phone number, it's not used for anything other than tracking data usage). I don't know of ANY VOIP app that support Short Codes except maybe for Google Voice, and I haven't had any luck in getting THOSE to work yet either (for places like Paypal & my bank, for use in 2-factor authentication).
  • pleomorphpleomorph FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
    Hi @Arturo Garcia, while texting short codes like that doesn't work with FreedomPop at this time, it looks like that transit service has an Android app you could use instead: http://www.sdmts.com/go_app.asp
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Arturo Garcia

That is 3 great answers...please when you get a chance, let us know if these helped?

Good Job Guys!!!! @pleomorph‌ @Southern‌

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• djinksdjinks FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭✭
    Google Hangouts may work for you. Try it.