**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

SmartView software installation problems ... can anyone offer help? TechSupport is slooowwww

David ZolinDavid Zolin Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
I downloaded the SmartView software and attempted to install it. I received an error message "Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {76C3F0F6-9B9D-35DA-81C6-CA8A88CC93CA} . HRESULT: 0x8007054F

I tried several times, got the same error msg each time. Re-downloaded software to a different computer, put on flash drive, tried to install again, same results. If I cannot install the software, the FreedomPop USB modem won't work. Please advise. I am using an AcerAspire computer running Windows7 Starter edition. Tried calling tech support by telephone, but got tired of waiting for over 90 minutes for someone to answer. Please help.

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @David Zolin
    You might need a admin to look at your account , here are there names..

@KathyFP‌ @JasmineS‌ @ "Jorge M @‌FreedomPop‌ @K_Ber‌@Taylor‌
    @Darla_A‌ @Vanessa‌ @EdwinFreedomPop‌ @GeorgeD‌ @lolabee

or customer service call the 1 (888) 701-1353, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm PDT

I went ahead and threw the @sign in there for you to reach an admin

Hope this helps

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• David ZolinDavid Zolin Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Thank you for your reply, but I haven't even gotten to the point of accessing any account. My problem has to do with the installation of the downloaded SmartView Software. Without that download installing properly, I can't use the FreedomPop service. Thanks again, still looking for tech support from FreedomPop .... no response to repeated phone calls nor emails.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @David Zolin
    Guess I should have Rephrased the answer...the above names are the tech support here, the pro as assistant when needed.

I know allot about PC's, and I can't think of any reason why the (FreedomPop USB modem) would cause software to have issues downloading? Are you having the issues only during installations?

The only way I can think that this would pertain to a freedompop product, if maybe you don't have enough data left to install? Or did the Software come with the Freedompop Device? Even if that was the case, you would have to take the issue up with the software company?

I know windows 7 Starter is one of those Operating systems, that they throw on a pc, to get the buyer. by till he can upgrade..there are allot of programs that are not compatible.

Make sure your net Framework work is up-to-date...usually software will ask this before installation?---Google Error 1935..

So I place the names above hoping somebody there could help....(The Big Guns)

Good luck, But the error you getting has nothing to do with the modem, but allot to do with the operating system and the net framework update...(If I had to guess)
    I hope you figure it out

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Dana BakerDana Baker Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I had the same problem so I used my cell phone's browser to find the download link then synced it to my computer using Onenote but you could use other programs too. In fact, you might be able to access the download by viewing the contents of your phone when you attach it to the computer. It took some doing but I did finally get it done. It would be nice if the installation came either installed on the device or disk. Good luck
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    Is this the software you are talking about?
    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/smart-view-for-office/overview/index.html

It is not required for FreedomPop device performance.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have installed the SprintSmartView software to my XP computer. I carefully followed the instructions and it installed ok the 2nd or 3rd try. I think they wanted driver ( SprntSmartView ) installed first, then plug in the 250U next. Then start SprintSmartView last. My memory could be off, so follow Sprint's instructions exactly.
    I can't remember, was it one d/l for all windows versions. If separate xp vs win7 vs win8 be careful to d/l the correct one.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs