**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Cannot activate the new Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII that I bought yesterday

flgirl34flgirl34 Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
When I entered the MEID #, I got a message saying that it cannot be activated? Why?

Best Answers

Answers

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @flgirl34‌
    What does your MEID say on Swappa.com?

let me know?

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• flgirl34flgirl34 Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I tried swappa and ting. It is said that it cannot be activated.
    Does Freedom Pop sell new or refurbished phone? I bought a samsung victory a few weeks ago. Even after getting a new battery the phone holfd only the charge for 2 days if on and I don't use it. If it id off, the battery lasts only 4 days. So I'm wondering if I did not get a refurbished phone.
    I want to open another account and buy a samsung galaxy siii but want to be sure it will be new. Please advise. Thanks.
    Could someone confirm that the phones sold by freedom pop are refurbished?
    I bought a new samsung galaxy s3 for 199 and freedom pop sells it also for 199 but it's not a good deal if it is refurbished.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rich Sias ( LastDay: 16th )@Ali‌
    Hey buddies.....can you help me confirm?

I think the phones issued threw freedompop are professional Factory refurbished phones....

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@flgirl34‌
    The phones(galaxy SIII) are Refurbished.....Had to do some looking but that all i could find.

But, these are not the Refurbished type you find on ebay(where the customer claims they refurbished them)...these are refurbished by the company....
    Sorry about the confirmation...I hate to say I know, unless I know for sure...

I know the hotspots are refurbished but fid not see it mentioned about the phones. Could an expert from freedompop confirm?
    THANKS
    edited October 2014 #11
    @flgirl34‌
    Thanks allot!!!!!I am a pro....maybe a admin.....I am pretty certain all of our phone are Factory Refurbished. But any admins what confirm

@KathyFP‌ @JasmineS‌ @ "Jorge M @‌FreedomPop‌ @K_Ber‌@Taylor‌
    @Darla_A‌ @Vanessa‌ @EdwinFreedomPop‌ @GeorgeD‌ @lolabee

edited October 2014 #12
    @flgirl34‌
    sorry me again

go to this link and look under the description
    says certified pre-owned....

http://www.freedompop.com/devices/Samsung-Galaxy-SIII-White

http://www.freedompop.com/freedompop-certified-pre-owned

hope this helps....

Thanks for the research. But why are they as expensive as new ones?

edited October 2014 #14
    @flgirl34‌
    Its the retail business. I think they take the going rate from other business? It will never compare to a person selling there used S3, but i am pretty sure, you find them all around the same price(legit pricing). I just looked on newegg, same price for refurbished..
    But you get the Guarantee that Freedompop offers when you buy the product.(see second link) These guys are really good at honoring this, if you have any issues...
    Hope this helped in your decision..Good Luck

• Hey @flgirl34‌
    Can you kindly PM me the MEID of your phone?
    Kathy

What does your abbrevistion PM mean. Sorry I'm new in text messaging :-)
    TKS
    @flgirl34‌

dbl check the esn you sent kathy....it don't look correct... 2566915176088661304

is this the number your using to check on swappa

Thanks. I will check the number when I gohome.
    There is another meid number with the lettrrs Hex in front of it. I checked both.
    Talk to you later.
    Have a wonderful day.
    @flgirl34‌
    If you used the numbers above....good chance this is your problem..... :)

If you used the numbers and letters w/ HEX DEC in front....than that is the number we should be checking on swappa....and the number @KathyFP‌ is looking for.

I hope you gave us the wrong numbers...might be good news for you!!!

If you get 4 days on the battery with no use(That is Great for that Phone) If your getting 2 days, just playing around with it(That is even better)...most people don't even get a day....

Good Luck!!!!!

• Warren RoseWarren Rose Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I went through the same issues when activating my S3. Freedompop can't be beat for the money, but their BYOD activation is confusing if you aren't familiar with what number you are looking for. I goofed and activated the wrong number and had nothing but trouble, I activated the one with the DEC number and it has been working fine ever since. As for the whole refurbished/non-refurbished thing, I think all S3s at this point are refurbished (there might be some old discontinued stock floating around out there though), since there is no further development by Samsung for the S3 (it won't be getting the lollipop update that the S4 and newer phones will). I took a risk and bought mine used via craigslist, fortunately the guy was on the level and it did have a clean ESN. Got it for $100 so it was worth it.