**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

can not make calls

vicvic FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4
Please bare with me . i am now using a 13 yr. old phone . my New Phone is this Samsung Galaxy 3 phone i bought from freedompop that i payed over 200.00 for.
the phone does youtube. google , camera and other app's fine . the trouble is i can't get it to make a simple phone call .sometimes i can hear people and they can't hear me . and vice versa .but it never works right.

i really like this phone , and would like to keep this phone and not sent it back to freedomepop . but it has to work as a simple phone.
Thank you for reading . and for any help you can give me

Best Answer

Answers

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @vic‌
    Are you trying to say the call quality is not so good? After activation or after you entered your email address. has this been the issue from day one? Are you using Wifi, 3g or 4g? have you checked your local coverage map? What happens when your out and about?
    I look forward to your answer

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• vicvic FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4
    I will try to answer your questions but i am coming from a 13 yr old phone.all it did was make calls,

when i try to make a call .... it rings .... but i can not hear them / they can not hear me .
    if i try to make a call , it just ends call . i tried call my house phone, it rings but i don't hear answering machine.
    but i hear the beep , but can not leave a message.
    so i would call that bad quality. if any quality at all.
    WiFi no idea
    3g - 4g i note this at the top right of the phone it changes from 3g to 4g just walking through the house.what does this mean?

yes. this phone has been an issue from day one
    does not work here nor there , it does not work anywhere
    yes. activated
    local coverage map. would not know how to do that.
    Thank you for reading , and getting back so quickly
    Have a great day
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @vic‌
    Lets start with this....
    http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?

check your coverage?

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@vic‌
    The phone switching from 3g to 4g. means...where ever you are in that part of the house, get better 4g signal...I bet in your home you get great 3g signal...and in some spots great 4g signal....

have you tried updating the Profile and PRL> see video

lets try these, and than we'll work on some simple settings in your messanger..if the above don't help...

• vicvic FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4
    Yes that worked . So Sorry i did not get back to you ! Thank you so much for taking your time to help me .