**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Samsung Galaxy S4 BYOD activation

Albert NangongAlbert Nangong Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
Hi everyone, I BYODed my sprint galaxy s4 yesterday. however i keep having troubles to activate the data service.
The phone will try to ota. but after several tries, a info will pop out says

'Sorry - we experienced a system problem during your task. Please dial *2 from your Sprint phone or call Customer Care at 1-888-211-4727 from another phone to complete your task. Call customer care'

or sometimes the phone will pop out another windows says

'Error Your activation could not be completed. Please try again later. If the problem persists, you may need to contact Customer Service. Error: Internal Error (1)'

Please help me to activate my phone. Thank you.

Comments

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • TSOPANG WUTSOPANG WU Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi, can you share your S4 model number? I keep getting unsupported phone by trying L720 or L720T models from its byod validation.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TSOPANG WU
    The L720T is unsupported....L720 you can BYOD

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

I intended to buy the following phone which is L720, but it is not supported from the validation page. Can someone help me out why? Does it matter if the phone is pre-paid phone or not? Thanks

MEID
    dec: 256691514000407189
    Hex: 0x99000444063695

IMEI: 990004440636953
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swappa say...

on the

Current activation status could not be determined, but ESN does not appear to be lost / stolen.

what type of phone? Sprint? Prepaid? Brand new? what services did the phone have before?

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014 #7
    @""TSOPANG WU"‌
    In my experience, that message usually means is is still attached to an account. Call Sprint and ask them to verify. Ask the seller to deactivate it before you pay, then confirm with Sprint that the device is now free for activation.
    edited October 2014 #8
    @djinks‌
    It says its clean/not attached....take a peek yourself...maybe you can make head or tails of it....

I have only seen it that way on pre-paids

@""TSOPANG WU"‌ , @‌njfulwider5

"Current activation status could not be determined" - I have seen this several times and it usually means the phone is still active on the account.

HOWEVER I AM WRONG.
    I called Sprint and they said the device is CLEAR To ACTIVATE!.

The free website checks are good, but I have learned it is always best to check with Sprint.
    @TSOPANG WU
    Can you give us some history on the device?

May I ask what status I should look for from swappa/esn?
    @TSOPANG WU

can we have the history of the phone? was the phone used as a prepaid device, or maybe never activated before new?

You usually get 3 separate messages...one that says the phone has not been blacklisted..

one that says your phone is ready for activation and has a clean esn(esn is ready for activation) in green...

and the other says something about the phone activating on ting..

It looks like Rich sent a shout out to the Admins....but I figured we can try and help since it was the weekend....

The phone is sold to someone else. If the validation says "not supported" and sprint says "ready for activation", what does that mean?
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014 #14
    I ran check on all three numbers. Dec gave a bit more info.
    BUT, much less than I usually see.
    I sense something strange about this one.
    -----
    ESN appears ready for activation!
    Current activation status could not be determined, but ESN does not appear to be lost / stolen.
    Just how can it be ready, when status could not be determined ?
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    @TSOPANG WU

can we have the history of the phone? was the phone used as a prepaid device, or maybe never activated before new?

@TSOPANG WU

I still would like to know the history of the phone.knowing this could be there reason behind the error...

If your phone was prepaid....or maybe it was activated yesterday on ting...

No matter--Is the phone Un-locked?...

It can take up to 30 days for a ESN/MEId to clear for activation for another service provider..

let me know and we can go from there...

I look forward to your answers...

edited October 2014 #18

The phone is sold to someone else. If the validation says "not supported" and sprint says "ready for activation", what does that mean?

when you say this> do you mean the phone belonged to somebody else and you purchased. If this is the case. Is there anyway to get ahold of the original owner, just to get a brief history....

Try to go into your settings..and find about phone....

it will tell you everything you need to know about the phone...might have the carrier....
    does the phone have any special labels or rom?...S4 is a pretty new phone, but that don't mean he didn't have it activated...before you...

It could be up to 30 days before it will allow activation, if the guy just deactivated it with another carrier..

Just need a little more info...

If you can't get threw to me here...Try to PM(Private message) me...message can be allot faster sometime when you need quick answers..I can always pull in a admin if we find out we need one...

Unless you get lucky and they answer you back here...either way...lets figure this out...

I intended to buy the following phone which is L720, but it is not supported from the validation page. Can someone help me out why? Does it matter if the phone is pre-paid phone or not? Thanks

MEID
    dec: 256691514000407189
    Hex: 0x99000444063695

IMEI: 990004440636953

Have you purchased the phone yet? I just realized It says I intended to buy

Just find out all the info you can on the phone. Find out where and when he had activation. You don't want to buy a phone that is already having issues with activation....Also make sure he has the correct sim((( SIMGLW206R ))) another issue you might run into after the purchase..(you'll have to purchase one if it don't---I heard 9$ on ting....and around 20$ on ebay..)

But so far, if I was the one trying to purchase..I like to know where the phone came from....

Sorry about the other questions...I just noticed the words intend, when I was looking up the MEID again...

He said he got the phone from sprint store on installment plan. That's all I know.
    No, I didn't buy the phone with all the confusion. However, the seller did say he bought the phone from sprint corporate store with installment plan.
    @TSOPANG WU
    Ok all might still me ok...

Find out if he ever paid it off???

Find out when was the last time it was activated???

Find out if the Sim Card is SIMGLW206R ????

You get all that info and you might be on your way to a BYOD in no time....

Side note-----What happen with your HTC?

• Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭

No, I didn't buy the phone with all the confusion. However, the seller did say he bought the phone from sprint corporate store with installment plan.

With has installment plan, if he has unpaid bill with that phone and not clear from sprint, sprint will keep it lock out for any use until that bill is pay up. I know this take place because some people that have outstanding bill with that phone would try to sale it off to someone to get the money out of it, But the phone would be useless because it is has un pay bill attach to it.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
    Thanks for asking. My HTC is no good, still going through all the diagnosis with CS Rep. Hope this can be resolved soon.
    Sorry for the late response. For some reasons, my post didn't get shown up until few hours.
    @TSOPANG WU
    Brian is correct, make sure the seller finished paying these off before you purchase..

But Djinks called sprint and they said the phone is CLEAR To ACTIVATE!.
    I am sure they wouldn't have told him that if he still owed moneys.

here are my questions again...

Find out if he ever paid it off???

Find out when was the last time it was activated???

Find out if the Sim Card is SIMGLW206R ????

You get all that info and you might be on your way to a BYOD in no time....

Side note-----What happen with your HTC?

If you can't get threw to me hear, feel free to PM (private message) me when you can.