FreedomPop's Android Messaging Phone/SIM Update (24.00.1388.0302) (Updated 03/02/2019)

Version 24.00.1388.0302

Requires Android 4.3 +
Update to this latest version to enjoy our new features:
-Performance enhancements and bug fixes:
Add Voicemail capabilities so you can check your voicemail from within the app.
Enhancements and bug fixes

Make sure you all have installed the latest FreedomPop Messaging app update. We have listened to your feedback and aim to ensure everyone has a great FreedomPop experience. Click on the image below to install/update:

About the FreedomPop Messaging App:

- Free phone calls to anyone in the US and anyone in the world with FreedomPop App
- Free texts to any US mobile number
- Free data connection to get online, surf the web, & use any application
- Free US number to take with you anywhere
- Make calls and send texts anywhere over Wi-Fi
- Turn your tablet into a phone. Make phone calls and send text messages anyone on your tablet, phone, or Android device
- Wi-Fi texting and calling
- Travel worry-free with cheap calling so you never have to deal with expensive carrier plans or surprise bills.
- You can make calls over Wi-Fi from anywhere in the world to any US number for free.
- Text back to the US for free when traveling abroad
- Save tons of money on your mobile plan
- Free Plan includes 200 minutes, 500 texts, and 500MB of data.
- Never pay a phone bill again
- Make HD-quality phone calls on Wi-Fi. Also works over our 3G and 4G connections
- No contracts, or hidden fees
- No advertisements
- No spam
- We don’t share your number with any third parties

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• Joel BallonJoel Ballon Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I'd really like to use a different messaging app, but I find it's impossible to do so. All other apps I've installed will not send messages. I get a failed message....
    "you are not allowed to send text messages.msg 2120" from 9230.
    This seems to be an ongoing issue with Sprint servers.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014 #10
    On Your Phone--Not the app
    Another setting that gets missed...Go back to settings and than find Call---tick call and scroll down to use internet calling--click only for internet calls...

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014 #14
    Do you have any freedom friends? If you add 10 more friends, you have another 500mbs to help out...If you go to slick dealz/Facebook, they have around 700 emails..freedompopers waiting to be added.(no strings attached...you don't have to communicate or share data)..Just added there email and after they accept-50mbs each, up to 500 mbs..

always good to have a little more than 10. You get 500 mb ontop of the free 500mbs each month as long as all 10 stay active.

Comes in handy if your run out of Data...maybe some of the freedom friends are people you know. You can always ask for a little data. Or you can return the favor and share some with your friends. Permission is asked each way, nobody can take data...

Also, if you have never tried the App...MY FREDOOMPOP.(green box)...Download it from the Play store..open it up and log on with you freedompop account email and password,,,automatic 200mbs to use till the end of the month. You can use My freedompop to access you data, and all the normal stuff you can online.

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

anybody with some tips on configuring this app...there are a ton of settings for fine tuning?

This is great if you have a HTC evo 4g.....

edited October 2014 #17
    Hello again and Thanks for Reading..

Playing around with the phones I discovered another setting that may help with Lost Calls. I tried it on all three setting and found the setting that worked the best.

in the Freedompop Message app...look at the top left hand side(messaging with a bluebox and a arrow pointing left) touch the arrow

scroll down to (settings) touch settings

Touch (Easy Configurations) and open

Take a peek at (Availability profile)...

Make sure to Tick (Always available)....

when I ticked any of the other 2 options, I had calls drop in 3g and some calls never even made it to the phone. I tested the setting in 3g-4g & Wifi. I also used 3 phones to test it on.

The Default setting for this is Available on Wifi...But when I used this setting, I got call on 4g and wifi perfect. But the phones dropped down to 3g-It was hit and miss.

Thanks for reading and feel free to add to this at anytime....

also a side not guys....doing some research this weekend...for those of you looking for the Background data sync and you don't own a HTC...

Try using one of these to find it...

Wireless & networks or Battery & Data Manager > Delivery > Background data.

or

data usage, than menu in the settings

might be called data sync or background sync depending on your phone...

If you have an android and the settings are different--please post for other member to follow...

Thanks again!!!!

• djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    Android 4.3 try under Connections->Data Usage (then press menu button)
    Thank You Djinks.....The more info the better.... :)

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,376FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    djinks said:

Android 4.3 try under Connections->Data Usage (then press menu button)

Wow! More menu stuff hiding away under setting items.
    What will they think of next ?
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    Thanks again @djinks‌ I seen you say you have a few different phones...Can you do me a favor? maybe add here how to get to the settings mentioned above(on the phones settings menu), if there not already mentioned?

I'd really appreciate your help...

9 out of 10 times, you can look in you applications page and find settings....

some phone come with a page of applications, that they don't keep on there home page....just take a peek...Looks like a app, just like the rest, but says settings...

edited October 2014 #24
    On my BYOD S3 and S4s running Android 4.3 or 4.4 The option for Internet Calling is not present. My research turned up the fact that the feature has been turned off on the major carrier branded phones. I can still use internet calling via Fpop or Google Hangouts, so not an issue, but the setting is not there.I checked Sprint devices and a Verizon S4

Thanks again @djinks‌ I seen you say you have a few different phones...Can you do me a favor? maybe add here how to get to the settings mentioned above(on the phones settings menu), if there not already mentioned?

I'd really appreciate your help...

Sorry, this is the one I had questioned the settings

maybe you have a walk threw per phone you have(as long as they are different)...

how to get to settings....

Not sure what you referring too?

@njfulwider5‌
    The only phone settings I had trouble finding are mentioned above.

S3 & S4 (Android 4.3-4.4): Restrict Background Data and Auto-Sync are on the Settings->Connections->Data Usage (then tap the menu button)

I did find an S3 where Restrict Background Data is not displayed. I may have frozen some app on that device that prevents that option from displaying. Need to investigate.

I never found Internet Calling on any device. It should be in two places:
    * Default Phone App->(then tap menu button)->Call Settings
    * Settings->My Device->Call

Mobile Data is found in two places:
    * Settings->Connections->Data Usage
    * Settings->Connections->More Networks->Mobile Networks

What other Phone (not app) settings do you want me to investigate?
This discussion has been closed.