**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

FreedomPop's Android Messaging Phone/SIM Update (24.00.1388.0302) (Updated 03/02/2019)

1789101113»

Comments

• freedomybkfreedomybk Posts: 68FreedomPop Newbie
    I can't find older FreedomPop Messaging Phone/SIM for 2.3+ only 4.0+ exists.
    older FreedomPop OTT Call and Text is available but it stopped working as soon as I activated my phone and tells me I need FreedomPop Messaging Phone/SIM which I can't find.
    Question: why does FreedomPop allows to activate and charged me $20 for a phone which is not supported??
  • Jian TanJian Tan Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    unlocked Sprint Samsung Note 5 cannot install both FreedomPop OTT Call and Test, and Freedompop Messaging. (Error code: -505) my wife's factory unlocked Iphone 7plus can install them and work well without any problems.

please help!

• Riekopo2Riekopo2 Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    I have been missing almost all of my texts for weeks. I have the LTE SIM. It worked fine for a few weeks and then all of a sudden stopped. There must be something wrong with the service or the app. I have an unlocked Nexus 5 that has Android 6.0.1. The FreedomPop app is 19.03.813.0502. Calls seem to work fine and I can receive some verification texts, but not any texts from actual people. I seem to be able to send texts just fine. I've contacted support on Facebook, Twitter, and support ticket. They haven't fixed the problem. I did all of the support steps including factory resetting my phone.

I'm on the free plan, but paying for visual voicemail and MMS messaging that doesn't even work. I was going to upgrade my plan, but now it doesn't even work. The texts sent to me don't even show up in the dashboard as received. I'm probably going to have to go back to my old phone service provider. FreedomPop doesn't seem to be reliable at all. It seems like an alpha or beta product.
  • DejayDejay Posts: 28FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer
    I still feel the Freedompop team needs to update their notes about the FreedomPop messaging app and about their Free plans. Because if people order the GSM sim card and use the messaging app, the users wont get 500 minutes and 500MB of basic free data. Instead its only 200MB and 200 minutes if you use the GSM. Which I still don't understand why the GSM network gets less data calls. Can a FreedomPop Rep please explain that to me?
  • Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 720FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭
    The wholesale cost of AT&T's data just much more expensive than Sprint's. Sprint is at the moment giving service away. BTW it is only 200 minutes for free on the Sprint side, too. Where are you seeing 500 minutes?
  • walter b kuleczwalter b kulecz Posts: 17FreedomPop Newbie

The wholesale cost of AT&T's data just much more expensive than Sprint's. Sprint is at the moment giving service away.

I've been running the free FreedomPop on Sprint for about 2 years and have never come close to using more than 200MB of data, mostly its checking Google Maps for traffic before I go out and about, or the occasional Email and text.

I just got the AT&T GSM SIM and have been running SpeedTest in several locations comparing the two, and the GSM is 10-30 times faster than the Sprint one I've been using! With these speeds it could be easy to go above 200MB, but its speed worth paying extra for should I need more data! Both phones showed "LTE" connections and were 3+ bars although the AT&T generally has seemed a bit stronger.
    I have the FreedomPop messaging app on my freedompop devices. I added the extra 500MB from friend invites on my GSM sim. Which gives me 700MB total. Sometimes I do the free offers online to add more data. I usually manage to get an additional 300MB to get me 1GB. Not bad. If users do this. I have tried the Wifi Hotspot app from FreedomPop. It worked for the most part. I haven't had any issues. I usually save a lot of data that way. There are also other ways to compress and reserve data using Android. You just have to trial and error and find the best ways to do that.
    To be truthfully honest, if you own a device with a minimum of 32GB of storage and cloud drive apps you watch movies and listen to music without touching any data! Try out apps like Pocket, Google Drive, Dropbox. These apps are very useful.
  • Ben HoBen Ho Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I recently ordered a sim card and have successfully installed it on my Nexus 5 phone. I can access mobile network and can get internet with no problems. However, when I try to download the Freedompop Messaging app in order to get phone and text cability, firstly I can't find in from Play Store. It lists Freedompop Diagnostics, and Friends for 500MB, but nothing else. When I Googled for Freedompop Messaging app, it does come up, and then it says 'this device cannot be installed in your device/country'. My phone is unlocked; I am a visitor from Canada, but can't see how that has anything to do with it!!
  • Ben Ho said:

I recently ordered a sim card and have successfully installed it on my Nexus 5 phone. I can access mobile network and can get internet with no problems. However, when I try to download the Freedompop Messaging app in order to get phone and text cability, firstly I can't find in from Play Store. It lists Freedompop Diagnostics, and Friends for 500MB, but nothing else. When I Googled for Freedompop Messaging app, it does come up, and then it says 'this device cannot be installed in your device/country'. My phone is unlocked; I am a visitor from Canada, but can't see how that has anything to do with it!!

Hello,

Can you confirm that your device is an unlocked GSM phone?
    Ben Ho said:

Go to apkpure and download from there. I had the same problem on one of Nexus phones. Google thinks that Freedompop phone applications are not compatible.
  • wwwmaniacwwwmaniac Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    This morning I unlocked the phone and found that my data allotment has been used up. Checking the details shows that the messaging app used up about 3.5G of data in a few morning hours while I was asleep and the phone wasn't used at all. So what is it that you are transferring to/from my phone and why is it draining all my data?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    edited March 2018 #314
    wwwmaniac said:

This morning I unlocked the phone and found that my data allotment has been used up. Checking the details shows that the messaging app used up about 3.5G of data in a few morning hours while I was asleep and the phone wasn't used at all. So what is it that you are transferring to/from my phone and why is it draining all my data?

Hello,

You might have had the background refresh on, which could have used up some of your data. I would suggest making sure to have it off, to avoid this from happening.
    Karina said:

wwwmaniac said:

Hello,

You might have had the background refresh on, which could have used up some of your data. I would suggest making sure to have it off, to avoid this from happening.
    This is the most ridiculous answer I have ever seen. The question was "what does application transfer" and answer "disable background data"... And this is from someone labeled "admin".... Speechless ...
  • wwwmaniac said:

I apologize if my previous reply led to a misunderstanding, the link provided below provides insight as to why your data is being used at a high rate. Our messaging app data usage is minimal and should reflect under your usage details within your phone's device usage information under settings. If you still experience this issue please let us know and we will be glad to take a closer look.

https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3456/kw/usage
  • Wouter portegijsWouter portegijs Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    whats up with the new fullscreen adds popping up once in a while?

that is a far cry from the "no adds" in the opening post
This discussion has been closed.