**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

FreedomPop's Android Messaging Phone/SIM Update (24.00.1388.0302) (Updated 03/02/2019)

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok all you have had the new app long enough, any body find anymore trick to help us with call quality?

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014 #29
    Hello again,
    Talking to a few memebers we relized that there are 2 apps aviable in the app store-with Talk and text. Please make sure the app your using, with the above settings, is Called "Freedompop Messaging".

Here is the list of app available from Freedompop..

Androids

Freedompop Free Voice and Text---14.01.25.0926---->?????

Freedompop Messaging-----15.05.36.1020-->Use with android

My Freedompop-------4.02.01.1223---> Use with android

Freedompop Voicemail----4.02.17.0707--->Use if you have Voicemail

Iphone

Freedompop Free Voice and Text----version 1.15

My Freedompop--- version 1.4

I have only used Freedompop free voice and text with the Iphone.

Please shoot me a message if you have any question about the app your using. If your having issues with the messaging app. Maybe you have the incorrect one downloaded. If it is Possible, make sure you use Freedompop Messaging with your Android.

Thanks for reading..

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Jean MillerJean Miller Posts: 140FreedomPop Newbie
    With the lastest update to the iOS 8 app, i really don't that we can't use it without notifications on with at least banners. I'd like to only use it as a secondary calling/texting app and not my primary as I already use my google voice and have for some time. It's quite annoying to have to go turn the notifications on and then off.
    I like me deals and free stuff. Thx, peeps
    @Jonathan Metalski
    That would be another post....This is for the android app

• petetoopetetoo Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    @njfulwider5

Some people complain, that they can't make or receive calls on wifi..some say just the Opposite...I have found, that sometimes, these settings get changed in your messaging app....Just do a simple check, will ensure its not your messenger app causing the problem....here's how to check...and how to get into your settings...Settings can be in Normal mode or Expert mode.

in the freedompop message app...look at the top left hand side(messaging with a bluebox and a arrow point left) touch the arrow

scroll down to (settings) touch settings

scroll down to (Network) touch network

scroll all the way down to (for incoming calls) and check all three boxes

scroll all the way down to (For outgoing call) and check all three boxes

Boxes say(use wifi) (use 3g and better) and (use other networks) on both

Sometimes, when scrolling threw the settings, if you use your right hand, you accidentally unchecked a box. the boxes are very touchy. going back in and dbl checking settings can help 50/50...

I'll be back with another settings, unless somebody already points it out..

- I donßt see these options in the iPhone App - where do I find these?
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/4744/iphone-4s-battery-usage-anybody-with-some-tips-and-tricks-i-have-a-few/p1

here is my iphone....post..

I am working on a much cleaner and up to date one, that I will release this weekend

• Patricia  IafelicePatricia Iafelice Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Just want to add to Wi-Fi issue on the 10/20 messaging app. Even when Wi-Fi settings in messaging app for inbound and outbound calls is not checked, calling doesn't work right when device is connected to Wi-Fi. Viber and Hangouts, work fine. Has anyone else tried?
    Customer service says they created a ticket to expedite.
    @Patricia Iafelice
    if customer service opened a ticket, there is a chance that wifi has nothing to do with the quality your receiving. Most other member's have the greatest quality on wifi. Hope Customer Service figure it out for you.

• Latoya ClarkLatoya Clark Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I installed the one that is Freedompop meassaging and when I open it it tells me Ive installed the wrong one and wont let me do anything until I stall the app they you are stating not to install. I have an Andriod phone Galaxy S3
    @Latoya Clark
    Its only a suggestion....Try the other app and enjoy

did you try the other app?

• nawlins51 51nawlins51 51 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    new update today- 15.06.84.1112

Checked all my settings and they are still the same from the tweaks. I have 3 samsung galaxy victories.

@njfulwider5
    edited November 2014 #46
    @nawlins51 51
    Thank you for the update...This is whats New!!!

Version 15.06.84.1112:

- Improved call initialization and hang up processes

- Added international phone plans

- Added cloud synchronization for all SMS

- Improved signal strength checking process and logic

older apps
    Version 15.05.36.1020:

- Handsfree Activation

- Enhanced 911 Text Support

- Minor bug fixes

Version 15.03.11.0915:

- Added dialer button back to phones

- Improved phone call hung up process

- UI element update for high resolution devices

- Minor bug fixes

Thanks for the heads up!!!!@nawlins51 51

Looks like they also added a few new UI features....It now shows how much data you have too...Yea!!!!!!!Thank You Freedompop!!!!!

to see how much data-text-voice....

in the freedompop message app...look at the top left hand side(messaging with a bluebox and a arrow point left) touch the arrow

a pop-out from the side...it will show your---> email name--->phone number--->plan--->minutes left--->text left--->data left---->add global plan--->settings....--->refresh activation data--->share my number--->log out--->Than the current version

Kinda interested in (add Glogal Data)...will it ask for a confirmation???anybody activate there? what happen when you did?

Also anybody try(refresh Activation Data)....What happens there???

Hit me up, Give us a update to these 2 settings

Thanks for reading!!!!

• nawlins51 51nawlins51 51 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie

Looks like they also added a few new UI features....It now shows how much data you have too...Yea!!!!!!!Thank You Freedompop!!!!!

to see how much data-text-voice....

a pop-out from the side...it will show your---> email name--->phone number--->plan--->minutes left--->text left--->data left---->add global plan--->settings....--->refresh activation data--->share my number--->log out--->Than the current version

Kinda interested in (add Glogal Data)...will it ask for a confirmation???anybody activate there? what happen when you did?

Also anybody try(refresh Activation Data)....What happens there???

Hit me up, Give us a update to these 2 settings

Thanks for reading!!!!

I have noticed the refresh activation settings from the previous update along with the minutes/texts/data available. Now what the refresh activation settings does I have a wild guess. I look at it as the last resort if you mess up your phone it gives you a fresh install. Just my 2 cents. Might get bold and see what happens.

• Jeffrey JayJeffrey Jay Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    Refresh activation data... says "locating user device", then "your number is xxx-xxx-xxxx" and leaves a green check mark up top on my S3 which says "FreedomPop Setup Comp., time and my #.
  • HaiyongHaiyong Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Is there anyway to post a screenshot?

Really appreciate it.

Some people complain, that they can't make or receive calls on wifi..some say just the Opposite...I have found, that sometimes, these settings get changed in your messaging app....Just do a simple check, will ensure its not your messenger app causing the problem....here's how to check...and how to get into your settings...Settings can be in Normal mode or Expert mode.

scroll down to (settings) touch settings

scroll down to (Network) touch network

scroll all the way down to (for incoming calls) and check all three boxes

scroll all the way down to (For outgoing call) and check all three boxes

Boxes say(use wifi) (use 3g and better) and (use other networks) on both

Sometimes, when scrolling threw the settings, if you use your right hand, you accidentally unchecked a box. the boxes are very touchy. going back in and dbl checking settings can help 50/50...

I'll be back with another settings, unless somebody already points it out..

This discussion has been closed.