**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

FreedomPop's Android Messaging Phone/SIM Update (24.00.1388.0302) (Updated 03/02/2019)

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry this is only the Messaging app, that normally comes on the androids from Freedompop

Not Free Talk and Text

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,247FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that being signed off long enough requires logging back in the next time.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • matinee55matinee55 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    but the point is I never sign off & wondering if it is a time limit on being signed in?

I assume this does not happen in the messaging app?
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,247FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shut off as turn off power ? Then the phone registrations expire after after the preset expirations expire. It's usually set for 3600 seconds. I've seen other VoIP set ups as high as 7200 sec or even 9600 seconds. That's one, two or three hours.
    The app if only asleep and not off, wakes up halfway through and reregisters the phone. Many VoIP programs even csiple too, has settings that remember logins and passwords, so those can restart automatically. Check settings from within 'Messenger', maybe there's a place for login & password that are missing ?

Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • MemphisTinkerMemphisTinker Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Android App Update Version 29 (15.06.145.1205) . . . where do I locate this on my Galaxy Victory phone? I have went to settings and clicked update FreedomPop it just gives me my phone number and says SETUP IS COMPLETE.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015 #82
    @MemphisTinker‌
    It is the app that looks like this

most phones it just says messaging

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• RayDRayD Posts: 36FreedomPop Newbie
    Still an issue with the text messages not being audible on each incoming text. Get an audible notice initially, as long as the app is closed, then never get notified again until you close the app completely. Please look into this!
    @RayD‌
    did you make sure you can update the app in the play store? have you checked to make sure you have auto sync enabled?

and have you tried to force stop and clear cache on the messaging app?

what have you tried?

@njfulwider5,

I have updated to 15.06.158.1213, Auto Synch is "On", I have cleared the cache on occasion but not daily. Maybe it's a phone thing, I have a HTC Design. However, I have seen a few threads about the same issue across a few different handsets.

I asked you this question on another thread about this behavior but you did not answer, I know you're on many threads. Does your phone "ring" on each consecutive text, open app or not?

Here's my scenario...

I go to the store.
    Wife texts me that we need milk (get an audible tone)
    I text back "k"
    I place phone back into my pocket without closing the app. (Don't judge ;-))
    Wife texts "Don't forget it's 1%"
    I buy 2% because I didn't get an audible tone that she texted me back.
    I get home and I'm in trouble...hee...hee...

Let me know what advice you have for this situation. I don't see any setting I can access to change this behavior.

Thanks!
    Yes...I see now....

All Freedompop apps are like this-Iphone and android. If the app is open or the screen's not locked or closed...No tone.

I have tried everything on the iphone and it only alerts me when I have the phone locked or asleep

Its the same when ringing I believe...it will only ring when the phone is Licked or asleep.

• Isalene FerrellIsalene Ferrell Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I don't know if this was from the recent update, but I'm suddenly unable to recieve or send texts, and the app is constantly giving me an "Unknown Error" asking me to try reconnecting. In trying to send texts, it tells me to check my account information or contact customer support. Billing period still has 8 days left on it, I'm on the Unlimited Plan, and I'm not sure what it wants me to check exactly.
  • siskiou w.siskiou w. Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Having similar issues since yesterday.
    @Isalene Ferrell
    sometimes after a update, you need to find the app in settings

applications>>>manage applications---freedompop messaging

Force Stop and than clear cache...do clear data.

If that don't work, maybe try a Profile and PRL update

- Enhanced sound alerts for text messages

Freedompop, care to explain further? Just wondering if this is related to my January 23rd post above? @njfulwider5 any differences that you see?
    @RayD , I just updated the post, I have no had time to mess around with the app...once I do I might add my findings,,,This is a open Thread. Feel free to add anything you like about the new app...Or anything you feel freedompop needs to add..I created the post in hopes we could fine tune this app, and hope the dev team reads it and see what we would like to see and what bugs we see..

Look forward to your reply

Anyone have problems with sip wakelock since the update?
    Had a phase where the freedompop messaging app kept the phone awake all day, draining the battery.
    @Susanne Woelbing
    was this after the latest update?

Normally the app averages

1500 mah battery>>>6 to 8 hours

1700/1750 mah>>>>12-14 hours

2100 mah>>>>>>>>16-18 hours

3500 mah>>>>>>>>20-24 hours---this might be because of the quality of battery

This is just the phones I test, with only the (Freedompop messaging app) and Google syncing (apps data)

let me know

• Lynn QuickLynn Quick Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Need help with my texting on the ZTE Force. People have copied and text back some of my out going text. Half of my text are coming in using some foreign language that looks like Chinese. Has anyone else had this problem?
    Yes, after the latest update.
    I've actually had several processes do this.

A couple of days ago, it was calendar sync, keeping the phone awake 100%, and today a combination of Youtube sync (didn't use youtube at all) and calendar sync (which is actually turned off under accounts).

I don't understand, why these various processes eat up the battery. All seem to be related to "sync".

@Susanne Woelbing
    was this after the latest update?

Normally the app averages

1500 mah battery>>>6 to 8 hours

1700/1750 mah>>>>12-14 hours

2100 mah>>>>>>>>16-18 hours

3500 mah>>>>>>>>20-24 hours---this might be because of the quality of battery

This is just the phones I test, with only the (Freedompop messaging app) and Google syncing (apps data)

let me know

Its a android device for you and the Freedompop app-with the Google(apps data) sync enabled(needed to receive text)

These are just the averages--I guess I should have tested, with the app off...might have gotten better number

Does your phone stay "awake" 100% of the time?
    Mine does not, but some days, it is being kept awake by services syncing, that I have not set to sync.
    On "normal" days, when the phone sleeps when not in use, I get about 24 hours from the 3500mah battery.
    On the days where the phone stays awake, it goes down to about 12 hours.
  • Have _NINE_ Wimax Hubs C.Have _NINE_ Wimax Hubs C. Posts: 201FreedomPop Newbie
    What is the difference between textting and messaging?
    @D.2 C.
    Nothing here, both the same here on Freedompop.....unless you put Voice in front of it.

Than I guess it would be a voice message...Voice messaging

Text Messaging---Text message

Voice messaging---Voice message

So I guess it really depends on what you are talking about....Could mean either or?

• Yaroslav DorofeyYaroslav Dorofey Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
    I cant set this as my default SMS app, so I can't verify my number for Google :(

Any fix for this?
    Hey Guys, its been a while since I posted on this thread....

But here is another tip

If for any reason, you think you messed up your settings in the messaging app---

Find settings on your phone---and than APPS or applications.....

find the freedompop messaging app.....

Force stop and than Clear Data---not clear cache

go back to the app and log back in--App should be reset to to factory settings

Hope this helps

This discussion has been closed.