**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

FreedomPop's Android Messaging Phone/SIM Update (24.00.1388.0302) (Updated 03/02/2019)

Comments

• lgmaykalgmayka Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    - If I try to make a call over WiFi, I get an announcement that the number is incorrect.
    - If I try to make a call over cellular and use the 1 prefix, I get an announcement that the number is incorrect.
    - If I try to make a call over cellular and don't use the 1 prefix, I get an announcement that the number is incorrect; but also, in a separate app, the call goes through.

I have already tried all the suggestions in the FAQ, etc. Nothing helps. Like others, I suspect that this latest update to the app is just plain bad.

I am so glad that I did not give this phone to an elderly person, or anyone who actually needs a phone. It has been so flaky, I really wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
  • lgmaykalgmayka Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    It's pretty obvious that with the latest update, the FP Messaging app fails to suppress the regular cellular dialing behavior. I found a ridiculous workaround:

Go into the People app, and select whom you want to call. Click on the text messaging icon, and when you get the popup asking which app to use, select FP Messaging. When you get to that app, click the phone icon in the upper right. This ridiculous procedure is simply a way to avoid using the regular Android dialer.

Once again, I am so glad that I did not give this to an elderly person or anyone else who actually needs a phone. He/she would have gotten frustrated and thrown it in the lake.
  • guazaroguazaro Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    It is bad not to use another program to send msg now the worst is that you can not make calls with other dialer as previously could
  • thewampthewamp Posts: 77FreedomPop Newbie
    edited June 2015 #205
    My Messaging app was updated to version ...0617 today, 06/17/2015.
    Google Play release notes:
    "What's New
    Version 16.02.276.0617
    - Enhanced logics to improve reliability on receiving calls
    - Improved Premium Voice
    - Minor bug fixes"
    Post edited by thewamp on
  • RayDRayD Posts: 36FreedomPop Newbie
    -Improved Premium Voice

While it certainly has improved from the point of how fast it decides to switch over to PV, I still get an error message saying "The number or code cannot be dialed or is incorrect". I have been through the wringer with Customer Service and no one has been able to help. I have asked them to remove it on their side and re-add it to see if that fixes the problem. I believe it didn't get provisioned correctly early on. No answer to that request so far.
  • RayDRayD Posts: 36FreedomPop Newbie
    They did re-add PV but it didn't help. The next message I got was "Sorry we do not have any other suggestions for your issue". Yikes.

Anyone with any other suggestions, let me know.
  • limeylimey Posts: 674FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    I just noticed the latest 0617 update because my usually infallible Galaxy Tab 3 stopped ringing for incoming calls on both LTE/WiFi. :/

Forcing a Sync Account Data in the Messaging app seemed to fix that - hopefully that's a one-off thing & I won't have to keep doing it...
  • Gregory VernonGregory Vernon Posts: 141FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭
    Has anyone else had problems with DTMF tones lately?
  • Barry BBarry B Posts: 60FreedomPop Newbie
    I don't turn mine off, but reboot daily and have never received that message.
    @njfulwider5 Her issue is most likely the running programs. That is the most common reason for her insufficient space error. I had to remove some programs and then all was good.
    I hope that helps.
  • Theodore ValleyTheodore Valley Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the Evo 4g and I have not had the first problem with the new update. Kinda seamless to this old phone. She just keeps on tickin'.
    @Gregory Vernon When you say "DTMF tones" When are you having this error? And what type of error as DTMF is simply put it the dual tone emitted by pressing the keys to dial. Are you saying you cannot dial a phone number?
    I don't see a setting anywhere for what millisecond lapse between the 2 required tones is that what you are trying to alter?
    Please give a little more info and I will gladly look into the issue as I am very familiar with DTMF technology. :)
  • Melanie TylerMelanie Tyler Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
    I am new dealing with all of this so please forgive my ignorance but I'm having a couple of problems that I don't know how to fix. I've read so much that I've gotten myself confused & I would really appreciate some help. First ever since I turned my phone on I've only gotten 3g & I was told I'm in a great area for 4g as I explained to the sales woman that my grandson uses my phone allot to watch YouTube & I don't know if I need to do something on my phone or not . Also I use GoSMS Pro Messenger & GoSMS Pro Keyboard & I've tried to use them on my FP phone but keep getting a failed message alert "you are not allowed to send text messages.msg 2120" from 9230. I`ve got a Samsung Galaxy S3. Could someone Please let me know how to remedy these situations, in laymens words. Thank you all very much.
  • Mike (ZTE, 23rd) GrossMike (ZTE, 23rd) Gross Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    @Gregory Vernon There is a setting in the messaging app - settings - Call that is enabled on my ZTE called "Send SIP INFO DTMFs". That is the only place I have seen DTMF mentioned, many, many years ago we had to use a comma (,) for a pause, if any of this helps.
  • Mike (GS-3, 30th) GrossMike (GS-3, 30th) Gross Posts: 143FreedomPop Newbie
    @Gregory Vernon upon further review, there is settings for "DTMF"tones" on both of my phones, GS3 and ZTE Force, located in the phone settings, under device - call - scrool down to DTMF tones, this sets the length of DTMF tones, hope this helps
  • Khalad GoheerKhalad Goheer Posts: 21FreedomPop Newbie

@petetoo‌
    That is because this is for the android....The App version is in the title...

On a Iphone we unfortunately only have the option to log off---But they are working on new apps all the time

I have an Android app for Galaxy S4. I too, cannot see what you mentioned.
    In settings, under Network, I have:
    Use Wifi Only
    Stun server
    Enable ICE
    Enable UPNP
    Use Random Ports (which is checked)
    SIP port to use (grayed out)
    Media Encryption
    Enable push notifications
    Use ipv6 instead of ipv4

Which of these should I have checked or changed

• Khalad GoheerKhalad Goheer Posts: 21FreedomPop Newbie
    Where njfullwider 5 described settings in Version 16.02.276.0617, in my Galaxy S4, when I open Network under settings, I only find:
    Use Wifi only (unchecked)
    Stun server
    Enable ICE (unchecked)
    Enable ICE (unchecked)
    Enable UPNP (unchecked)
    Use random ports (checked)
    SIP port to use (grayed out)
    Media encryption
    Enable push notification (checked)
    Use ipv6 instead of ipv4 (unchecked)

Today I update the FP Messaging app to ver#16.02.291.0626 and this has not changed anything mentioned above.
    Please advise to improve calls
    Thank you
  • thewampthewamp Posts: 77FreedomPop Newbie
    Release notes for the 06/26/2015 update (per the Google Play Store):

Version 16.02.291.0626
    - Fixed the issue certain devices continues to ring when calling party has hung up
    - Minor bug fixes
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys we started this post before we upgraded the messaging app to linphone...please disregard all instruction on how to fine tune the app...I will delete those comments this weekend to prevent further confusion. I'll also update the version and fixes....

The new linphone app rarely needs any fine tuning. The fine tuning your allowed to make are really dependent on your device/location/ & signal used at the time. Your going to find, what works on a s4, wont work on a htc.

Best way to get fine tuning advise on your device. Start a discussion and invite other users with the same device. Compare settings.

Thanks for all your comments and feel free to leave your advise on the device your using. Let us know what works for you. Please include your device.... plan.... location? Let us know what works for you.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your reply :)

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@njfulwider5 Rather than simply deleting the pre-Linphone version details, it might be worth moving them to a separate thread - although the general recommendation is to use the latest app version, I've found that some devices (notably, the LG Optimus F3) currently work better on the earlier version (removes problems with incoming calls not ringing) - the setup tips remain useful for any folks who either choose, or are prompted by issues to use the 15.xx.xx.xx app version.
  • Paul WalkerPaul Walker Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm really hoping this messaging app makes the Voicemail thing from popping up. Sometimes when I open messaging the voicemail thing pops up. It's annoying and waste of my time.
  • Charles  Tucker Charles Tucker Posts: 17FreedomPop Newbie
    I can't see recent or missed calls
    Charles Tucker
    kg4vyv said:

I can't see recent or missed calls

@kg4vyv If you're using an FP Galaxy Tab 3, then the 16.x.x.x versions of the Messaging app do appear to have an issue showing the recent/missed calls list - I posted a possible workaround here -> https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/comment/53290/#Comment_53290

(I'm still hoping that FP fixes this properly at some point, though.)

• Gee BeeGee Bee Posts: 22FreedomPop Newbie
    limey said:

@njfulwider5 Rather than simply deleting the pre-Linphone version details, it might be worth moving them to a separate thread - although the general recommendation is to use the latest app version, I've found that some devices (notably, the LG Optimus F3) currently work better on the earlier version (removes problems with incoming calls not ringing) - the setup tips remain useful for any folks who either choose, or are prompted by issues to use the 15.xx.xx.xx app version.

This has been true for me with the LG Optimus F3. Way fewer problems with the old version of Messaging. Not sure I want to mess with a new app now that I have gotten things to work the way I want them to with the old app.

• WickedXonSPHL710WickedXonSPHL710 Posts: 35FreedomPop Newbie
    After updating messages, I get data just fine on my phone, but I get this error when I try to make a call: http://1drv.ms/1CXeTVc (small wav file)
This discussion has been closed.