Newly received phone --> Battery only standby for 4 hours and completed drained.

Does anyone has this issue?

I just received my HTC EVO Design 4G and charge it up, the phone was completely dead in 4 hours. I tried some of the battery saving tips and still does not help.

Do I have defective units? This happened on 2 of the units that I have ordered. Any suggestions? Appreciated.

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BigElephant‌
    You're getting a smidgen under what I was getting on mine--I purchased 6 of the HTC evo 4G's....I drained a ton just doing activation...might have been close to 50% on a couple of them

I ended up buying a 3400mah battery from ebay at 11-14$, came with Charge/Battery/Battery Back and a cover...(i can provide a link if you need it)

The HTC Comes with a stock 1500mah battery....

Androids are horrible on battery life....and the freedompop app don't help. Its gotten allot better since the updates....But still like to suck up the battery life...

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• BigElephantBigElephant Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    ahhh..... now a day, you would assume that battery last 1 day at least. I guess it is not the case especially these are refurb. units. I take it that it is no use going to FreedomPop and ask them to replace it, right? The best would be go out to buy them.

I do saw eBay that I can get it, I will do so there.

Also, it sounded that I should do upgrade, how do you do that?

It is a bit hard to use the phone since I might not have place to charge them during the day and when I need it the battery is all gone. I still have not have chance to use my free 200 minutes... LOL.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BigElephant‌
    Are you talking about the upgrade to the bigger battery. There's really nothing to it It's like replacing the stock battery....Even the case backing goes on simple..

let me know if that was what your talking about?

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BigElephant You could ask an admin for a battery and get one for free of charge.
    @Ali‌
    These HTC evo 4gs are horrible on 1500mah batteries. I tried a new battery at first...I got maybe 6-8 hours out of it...

The only way to go it the 3400mah, I get 2 days...and that with allot of game play and texting....

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @njfulwider5‌ That's a better option, but having a few extras on hand for free wouldn't be a bad thing tho, right ;)
    edited October 2014 #8
    @Ali‌
    Yep...My wife's phone..there are no batteries like that..no battery cases...I just purchased her replacement batterys (3)-we keep charged. I also have a Solor powered battery charge for when were on the go...

But her android does not use the battery like the htc's...she can charge her's after 24 hours..sometime 48....She also only uses android version ice cream sandwich..(can't get here to update)...I think we use jelly bean on the htc....

@njfulwider5‌

I was talking about the statement that you've mentioned about getting the phone upgraded. Is that the firmware upgrade? Will that save some battery life?

I am getting 4 hours just on the standby and that's for sure not working.

@Ali,

Are you saying that I can ask for replacement of battery? How do I do that? I've called their customer service and hand up after no one pickup the phone. I've think I send them questions, but never did get respond to it. The user forums here has much better response.
    @BigElephant‌
    I have used batteries and new batteries for this phone..The used one last around 4 hours or less on standby....the new 1500 mah batteries lasted maybe 6 hours on standby...

The last firmware for this phone was 2012..or so it says(could be wrong)...I might have missed a firmware upgrade somewhere? But a firmware upgrade never hurts..But I don't think it will help

If you shut off all the eye candy...you might get a few more hours...Out of all the androids, these HTC evo's are really horrible on battery life..I tried just about everything to get longer battery life...Till I just said....I can't mess with them no more and got the bigger mah batteries.

If you google this phone online..with the word battery life. You might find a couple of threads to help out..

I hope you figure it out!!!

Thanks @njfulwider5‌

It really helps. Now that I am hoping my newly ordered battery will arrived soon.
  • Sophia NguyenSophia Nguyen Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Try to turn off 4g, and only turn on when needed. Little inconvenience but it has been working for me. Last 8 hours on average. Not a heavy user though.