Upgrade Evo to Android 4?

I've got one of the original FP Evo's here with Android 2.3.5 on it.

Is there a way to upgrade this to Android 4? Need to use some apps that are not compat with lower Android versions -

Thanks,

Chris

Comments

• johnmjohnm Posts: 99FreedomPop Newbie
    You can, but you sacrifice 4g and movie camera and certain video playback. If you have the original rom, I sure would like to have a copy. I lost mine when a defective sdcard put me in a bootloop, and I couldn't get any help and fixed my evo myself. Just remember to get a nandroid of your rom, or you'll be where I am, begging for an original.
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    You can but you may run the risk of voiding your warranty if it involves doing rom on the phone. Not sure if the messenger work on the version 4.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @David Andrews
    I don't think these phone are capable of anything over android version 2.3.5. It is recommended to have a phone with more than 512mbs of memory/eDRAM...The HTC evo 4g is right on the line, and only 440mbs or so usuable...You'll run into allot of out of memory issues....

I assume a root will help, but either of these will destroy your warranty,and you loose the freedompop rom like the 2 other members had mentioned..I found a few how to online-But the risk out ways the reward if you ask me..

IF you have any questions, feel free to @njfulwider5 me here and I'll answer

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess you should back up your phone with CWM and proceed to flash cyanogenmod or another rom that supports the evos. Remember you will void your warranty if you proceed so be careful :)