No sound at all!!

Just got my newly purchased HTC Evo 4G and no sound coming from the speakers nor headset in phone conversation, phone ring, music, alarm clock, etc. The speaker volume is being turned to maximum. Followed the step of "No sound through your EVO? Partial Solutions!" and no help at all. Please help!!!

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TSOPANG WU
    Do you have a music note with a line threw it on the top? If not, you might check into the warranty of the phone? Theres not to many steps on checking the sound...

do you get a ringtone when the phone rings?

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• TSOPANG WUTSOPANG WU Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    There is no icon with crossed-line music note. No sound from dialtone, ringtone, youtube, alarm clock, etc. Please advise how to check the warranty of the phone. It was purchased on 9/25 from you and was just arrived yesterday.

Secondly, it seems it has trouble in connecting 4G as well. I went throough the Profile and PRL update and didn't seem to help. I can see it is going through iterations of trying to connect to Sprint and failing.
    no ringtine when someone is calling.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TSOPANG WU
    I am not a employee of freedompop...I'll send a shout out to the admins-Maybe they have some troubleshooting tips, and they can advise you on your options..

@KathyFP‌ @JasmineS‌ @ "Jorge M @‌FreedomPop‌ @K_Ber‌@Taylor‌
    @Darla_A‌ @Vanessa‌ @EdwinFreedomPop‌ @GeorgeD‌ @lolabee

or customer service call the 1 (888) 701-1353, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm PDT

I went ahead and threw the @sign in there for you to reach an admin

Hope this helps

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

Thanks, it does.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,282FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014 #7
    Hi @TSOPANG WU
    @Jorge M ‌ is still here, maybe he'll notice before he's done.
    Otherwise it's wait til Monday when more come back to work.

I believe you said you tried to play a mp3 and also tried earphones with mp3 ?
    That's the quietest phone I never heard.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Ian BosslerIan Bossler Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the exact same problem as you! I have no sound whatsoever, I tried resetting my phone, flashing a new rom (currently on default standard rom). It also does not work with headphones or anything. It will vibrate that is it.
    @Ian Bossler
    Have you tried taking the battery out? turn off the phone, take the battery out...wait a little-30min maybe and put back in?

How is the warranty?

Do you have the music note with a line threw it on the top?

We already sent a shout out to the admins..but maybe you can try a few things?

• Ian BosslerIan Bossler Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie

@Ian Bossler
    Have you tried taking the battery out? turn off the phone, take the battery out...wait a little-30min maybe and put back in?

How is the warranty?

Do you have the music note with a line threw it on the top?

We already sent a shout out to the admins..but maybe you can try a few things?

Tried all of that, flashed new roms, factory resetted several times. I contacted the owner on another forum, and he stated he would have someone contact me, that was on Monday, haven't heard anything. Phone is not on mute mode, tried battery trick. I'm not sure on warranty, I just got the phone from Freedompop so I'd imagine I could return it. At this point I'm ready to take it apart to see if something is disconnected. If no sound whatsoever is coming through, might just be a loose wire.
    @Ian Bossler
    you contacted the owner on another thread?

I just got the phone from Freedompop?

I would find out by contacting customer Service if there is still a warranty on the device. You don't really want to dig around in the phone(even if you know what your doing) and it still have a warranty? I'd call freedompop customer service first and see whats up....

You never know?