**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

How are voice calls when using LTE?

DvdscottDvdscott Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
I am considering upgrading to a Galaxy S3 or 4 because they have LTE which my S2 doesnt get. My S2 has ok call quality but I cant make out everything the other person says aftet a while.

How is the call quality of the S3 or S4 when using LTE compared to regular 4g WiMax on the S2?

Comments

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a Victory. I have heard in strong WiMAX radio field, calls are great. Weak not so hot.

On my Victory, calls are great! With strong & medium LTE signals. But boy!! In weak areas the called person roars that they can't understand hardly any words at all. My LTE, and others upload speed is so pitiful that the talking is hurt bad. But download is not weak enough to send you back to 3G.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Warren RoseWarren Rose Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    You can definitely tell the difference between 4GLTE and 3G or even regular 4G, it's clearer and you get fewer dropped calls.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rich Sias ( LastDay: 16th )
    Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Are you still doing all your testing? I wonder why lte is getting such a bad rap...Your not the only one complaining of weak signals...I just leave all my phones on 3g, and we have great call quality....But I also live in Seattle. I am sure its different where ever you live. I am also sure it depends on the phone. My 3g Iphone 4s, sounds way better than the kids HTC evo 4g on 4g...(both with optimal signal)---I am getting a LTE phone in the next few days....Just haven't decided yet--->>>but its for the kids(I'll hit you up on the call quality after)

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get awesome quality on LTE, and on 3G quality sounds like a normal phone from Verizon or Sprint.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ali‌
    You have you phone configured way different than a normal freedompop phone? correct? Your in washington DC or New York? I am in Seattle.....I think it all depends on where you live?

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@njfulwider5‌ I stopped using Bria last week since texts didnt go thru, so I used the FP regular app and quality is good. Its on an iPhone though, and I guess since FP iPhone is based off of linphone which is higher quality than android's csipsimple thats why I get good speeds.
    Ohhhh....I though it was one of your many phone work around....LOL

I didn't realize you have a android? I though you gave the android away?

@njfulwider5‌ I let my brother use it really, but its still considered my phone lol, I use it a lot still :)