**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

How to downgrade to the free plan

jwdudekjwdudek Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
I received my device last week and logged into my account. I noticed that by default I was signed up for the $19.95/month plan. I wanted to downgrade to the free 500MB / month plan, but I could not find it. The cheapest plan I found was $3.99/month. Can someone please tell me how/where to downgrade to the 'free' service.

Best Answer

Answers

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014 #3
    @jwdudek‌
    You might need a admin to look at your account , here are there names..

@KathyFP‌ @JasmineS‌ @ "Jorge M @‌FreedomPop‌ @K_Ber‌@Taylor‌
    @Darla_A‌ @Vanessa‌ @EdwinFreedomPop‌ @GeorgeD‌ @lolabee

or customer service call the 1 (888) 701-1353, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm PDT

I went ahead and threw the @sign in there for you to reach an admin

Hope this helps

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014 #4
    @djinks‌
    they are looking for the free plan? when you click the link you mentioned it takes you plan description and the price....

do you have another way that they can use to get them to the free plan?
    I think I have heard...using My account..than services?

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    The free voice / data plans do not show when a subscription is in place. Downgrade fully, and when you come back to see plan, it's the free one as default.

Services will say you have no services.

Only then will your next monthly cycle billing be free.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    @Rich Sias ( LastDay: 16th )
    How do you down grade?

• Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    @njfulwider5 The procedure described by djinks is correct. I have downgraded my device to the free plan using those instructions. The link is in very tiny letters and very easy to overlook.
    @Richard Allen
    Thanks richard, I am just not seeing it, Sorry djinks...I must be missing something-Every-time I click the little letter(Details and Plan Management)

I go to a page that explain what plan I have and how much it cost?

Those are the only letters I see....I don't need to downgrade this account, But for future inquiry's...I wanted to make sure..

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @njfulwider5‌ the link to downgrade is in far far bottom lower right. On my iPad a tiny chat window wants to cover that text and makes it harder to notice. Easy to see on PC & probably a Mac.
    @Rich Sias ( LastDay: 16th )
    on my laptop and My Desktop-windows 8.1...it is hidden--how do you get the darn thing to move?

• djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    What plan are you on that you want to downgrade/cancel? If already on the free plan, the text will not show.
    @dijunk....I have more than one account...I tested in on a paid hotspot...Just wanted to know for future reference..

Thanks Guys...

• djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    And it worked or are you still having trouble?
  • jwdudekjwdudek Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks djinks! The downgrade worked ! I am now on the free plan!
    I went to the manage plan page with my FP phone in a box on left was full description of my subscription. Within the boxed area at bottom was text to downgrade. It's on left of that infernal floating chat window. Try that one @njfulwider5‌ on android, .... and on iPhone just to see if different ?
    You so smart...I didn't even think about using one of the handhelds....

• Sian Goldofsky Sian Goldofsky Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I emailed you over a week ago regarding downgrading my account. Please do so immediately. *email attached below
    -----
    Dear Support Rep,

I accidentally added onto my current overdrive hotspot plan the 3G option for the 500MB plan. The hotspot was off so it should be  pretty obvious that I did not use it since I upgraded accidentally. Please downgrade me back to the free one (not the $3.99) plan.

I want from 500mb 3g + 4g to be on my old free 500mb 4g. And I do not want to pay for the accidental upgrade (should be easy considering I haven't used it).

Thank you.
    @Sian Goldofsky
    Email can be a pain sometimes...You never know if they received it..or maybe it went to spam....The Forum or calling Customer service is always quicker...

also allot better and faster when you start you own post...or discussion--This one got lost and almost closed....let try sending a shout out to an admin...here are there names..

@KathyFP‌ @JasmineS‌ @ "Jorge M @‌FreedomPop‌ @K_Ber‌@Taylor‌
    @Darla_A‌ @Vanessa‌ @EdwinFreedomPop‌ @GeorgeD‌ @lolabee

or customer service call the 1 (888) 701-1353, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm PDT

I went ahead and threw the @sign in there for you to reach an admin

Hope this helps