How are voice calls when using LTE?

DvdscottDvdscott Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
I am considering upgrading to a Galaxy S3 or 4 because they have LTE which my S2 doesnt get. My S2 has ok call quality but I cant make out everything the other person says aftet a while.

How is the call quality of the S3 or S4 when using LTE compared to regular 4g WiMax on the S2?

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,274FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Dvdscott‌ it really depends strength of WiMAX vs LTE received. If one is weak and one strong, then strong is winner. If both medium strong, LTE for sure.
    Best to get with friend that has a Sprint LTE service and visit places you want access and check LTE strengths. It may give you better expectations then expecting perfection.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Daniel S3Daniel S3 Posts: 112FreedomPop Newbie
    I have found that quality wise, my HTC EVO 4G sounds better then any of my S2s, and my S3 sounds better then my S2 also. The LTE helps greatly with the delay when not on wifi. My S3 and S4 are basically the same, quality and delay wise. While I am not at work or home I will use Viber to call contacts through the Viber app and have great quality even with low strength on a 3G connection. I have not used the Viber out call though.
  • Warren RoseWarren Rose Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the S3 and voice calls over LTE are much better than when in 3G coverage. They don't cutout very often and you don't get the annoying hangup issues like you do on slower speeds. If Sprint's network were to truly build out into a more comprehensive 4GLTE network then Freedompop calling would be much more dependable. I have to say right now though that calling via Freedompop is too inconsistent to be good for much beyond the pre-paid user. obviously, as the saying goes YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary) based on whether or not Sprint has really rolled out their new network in your area.