**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

ICCID - new to Freedompop

tpoon2000tpoon2000 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
How do I get the ICCID if I do not have a sim card?
I have purchased a new iPhone 5 and the IMEI is not blacklisted.
I looked at the Freedompop instructions and it tells me to go to setup.
I am on the setup screen where it keeps asking to insert a sim card.
I have opened the "i" information page on the bottom of my iPhone and it gives me the IMEI and the ICCID is unknown.

I know I need a sim card from FreedomPop but FreedomPop keeps asking me to put the ICCID
Please let me know how to get a ICCID another way.

Current information screen display
MEID: 99000226045755
IMEI- 99 000226 045755 9
ICCID - unknown

Comments

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014 #2
    You need a SIM card ending 406R for iPhone 5. Confirm this, @njfulwider5‌ ?
    Printed in the SIM that you install is the ICCID that is being requested.

Ting sell the for $9+5, some in past were able to get one at no charge at Apple store. Say you are getting service in iPhone 5 and need a SIM card ending 406R.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014 #3
    @tpoon2000‌
    You can buy one on Ting.com for $9. I think you need to register first. Make sure you get one that is compatible with your device.
    For which model to get and other tips for BYOD,
    see this thread:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/5387/freedompop-101-byod-tips#latest
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014 #4
    @tpoon2000‌
    Thanks Rich and Djinks
    yes you will need either
    CZ2104LWR or SIMGLW406R

ebay can be a little cheaper..sometime....or just visit your local Sprint Store...I think I heard people getting them for free there..

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    If you have an account with Sprint or know someone who does, you can change phones on that account, putting your Phone needing a SIM on it. Be careful that Sprint does not charge you an activation fee. I think you can do this in the account online, without charge. Then go to the Sprint store and ask for a SIM.

This may not work if your current Sprint plan does not provide 4G data.
  • tpoon2000tpoon2000 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Thank you for everyone giving suggestions and I have just purchase a SIM card with 406R from ting.com.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tpoon2000‌
    Once you get it installed, feel free to visit right back here and @sign either me njfulwider--Ali---or djinks--Rich Sias for help with any issues..That might pop up during activation..

Make sure during the BYOD--Read every single direction and you activation should go perfect...

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck. @njfulwider5‌ both of the sims you gave us are actually the same model, one is the manufacturer UPC and the other is the model number lol.

Your ICCID will be the number below the bar code.
    edited October 2014 #9
    @ali....yesterday, everything I wrote ,,had a little what the heck into it....I have my days

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @njfulwider5‌ Lolol I am actually the only one who knew this... now you know!!
    I actually had to purchase one last week, remember, I have the Iphone 5 coming...should be here tmr.....