What is the highest current Android version for HTC Evo 4G?

The reason I ask is that I would like better voice commands to work for my sainted, white-haired mother.

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lane Copley
    Without rooting the phone, the current version is the highest.

Android 4.0.3 is suppose to be the highest without rooting? But the firmware update was suppose to come from Sprint, a couple of years ago? I am sure you can find it elsewhere..

If your Root or Update to the 4.0.3, there is a chance you will loose your Freedompop Rom....and the warranty associated with it, If you have a freedompop branded HTC....If its a BYOD, that is a whole new story....

I'd advice against it.

Hope this helps

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop