**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Can I root my Freedompop provided S3?

Patrick VickPatrick Vick FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
If I install a custom ROM, then all I need is the Freedomop messaging app, correct? Will it set my APN correctly for me? What about all the sprint account settings?

I have a few apps that are refusing to work with wifi, and no vpn solutions are working for me. I need to fix that quickly, a root and custom rom sounds fine.

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Patrick Vick
    are we talking about a Freedompop Phone, or a BYOD?

If its a BYOD, you can download the app after your done...after you've activated...It should work just fine with the root. Some Freedompop phones come rooted every now and than....

If It a Freedompop Phone. I advise against it if you have a warranty. Might void that warranty.

I try not to talk about rooting and custom Roms on here, maybe another member can guide you on the correct path for a BYOD..

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Patrick VickPatrick Vick FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
    It's a Freedompop phone. I have a few apps that do not work with my wifi for some reason. I thought a fresh rom might fix that. I do know I need certain info to setup my freedompop account on it if I flash it fresh, but I want to make sure exactly before I do. I really do not care to root it, but I need to fix this problem with wifi.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014 #4
    @Patrick Vick
    Whats the problem with Wifi?

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

Procy settings were wrong; got it fixed. No real need to root now. I suppose. I do wish I could get VPN working still.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll be getting that VPN soon enough with the proxy fixed.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    Actually, no. VPN just refuses to connect.