Bought FreedomPop hotspot fron New Egg - "snap not supported" message.

anthony0123anthony0123 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
I received a replacement Sprint hotspot device from New Egg a few days ago. When I try to activate the device I get a message that the is unsupported by FreedomPop. How to fix?

Comments

• djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    What is the model?
    Is the device FreedomPop labeled?
    I do not see any hotspot devices on the BYOD list so you must be talking about a FreedomPop labeled device, right?
  • Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    When you purchase a freedompop device from newegg or groupon you do not activate it using the byod link at the top of the FP homepage. In the lower part of the page you will see a "already have a device activate it here" with an icon for newegg, groupon and amazon. This is the link you need to use to activate your device.

As djinks said you need to be sure it is a freedompop branded hotspot and not a sprint branded one.
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,387 admin
    @anthony0123‌ Hello Anthony, just wanted to let you know that I was able to look into your account and the issue was resolved. I've also replied to your PM so if you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to message me anytime :)