FreedomPop Deals: Free USB Modem!

Comments

• Carlos GCarlos G Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    i ordered 4 and they shipped the next day i ordered them :D
  • johnmjohnm Posts: 99FreedomPop Newbie
    If you can't find the Smart View software or online manual, I put a link in the Freedom Stick Bolt discussion page!!
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,348FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because you ordered two of them.
    The authorizations are to check if there is enough room to charge that amount. It will expire in a few days. It a way to check the charge card is good to use by them. If you haven't downgraded by end of trial, then they will charge for plans/services.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @‌"Michael Del Valle" Your charges are actually holds to see if your credit card is good and will be refunded.
  • LukeLuke Posts: 318FreedomPop Newbie

Why do I have 2 pending charges of $31.10 for a "free" product and service?
    @Michael Del Valle‌ let me know what an admin's response is as I am also curious.
    Wroof!
  • Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 720FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭

Why do I have 2 pending charges of $31.10 for a "free" product and service?
    When you check out, it told you that it would check if you have at least that about on that card. It is just a temporary hold. It lasted a day for me.
  • Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 720FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014 #33
    I couldn't get the drivers for the U600 from the link on the card that was sent. I got the drivers here:

http://shop2.sprint.com/en/software_downloads/mobile_broadband/sprint_u600.shtml

...but the software is causing OSX Mavericks to crash. I was able to get it working in Ubuntu 14.10 very easily using this post:

http://askubuntu.com/a/230364

...then rebooting my computer, and clicking on the broadband card in networking and set it up for Sprint. (not that anyone else will use this info :-P).
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @Adolfo Galvan‌ , think for the information. I downloaded the same software and it will not work at all on the new OS for my Mac. Thank for the link for the Ubuntu 14.10, I have that also, so I use the Ubuntu with the stick.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    The software for Mac support 10.5,10.6 and 10.7, I have 10.10
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
    @Brian McPherson@Adolfo Galvan‌ I have a hacked version of Sprint Smartview for OS X Mavericks and Yosemite. Want a link?
    edited November 2014 #37
    I found a link that might work for you on your MAC @Adolfo Galvan

Link; http://osx.iusethis.com/app/download/sprintsmartview
    [email protected]

I will DM it.
    Ali said:

@Brian McPherson@Adolfo Galvan‌ I have a hacked version of Sprint Smartview for OS X Mavericks and Yosemite. Want a link?

Yes, Ali
    [email protected]

Ali said:

Yes please! @Brian McPherson that version I could not get it to detect the device :-/
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys...Just notice the deal has changed to a MIFI at 29$.....

looks like another great deal from Freedompop

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

Thread closed. Offer changed.
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    edited November 2014 #43
    Okay so this device does not work on my Surface RT with Win 8.1! Nor on my android tablet with kit kat, Any Ideas? Otherwise It will go on ebay! All my PC's are 8.1 and will go to 10 as soon as its ready for prime time.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @M.A. II Lopez

did you get the program/Driver from here?
    http://shop2.sprint.com/en/software_downloads/mobile_broadband/sprint_u600.shtml

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Daniel S3Daniel S3 Posts: 112FreedomPop Newbie
    @njfulwider5 ,

That is the one I am using. Works with no issues.

The device I was sent had a led out, so it took me a couple of tries before I figured it out since there is a bit of contradictory info on this device. But, it does work minus the 4G indicator light not lighting. It does work fine on wimax so no issues on my end.
    @M.A. II Lopez

I will try it on an 8.1 machine later tonight and let you know if and how I got it working. As of this post I only have 4 pc's here with 3 different Windoze OS's. I have it working fine on Vista, I'll go try it on a 7 now and see how it does. My 7 machine has a multiple boot with a few diff flavors of linux also, but I saw someone else got it running on linux so I probably won't mess with that unless someone would really like me to.
    Working fine on 7. I didn't try to find a closer or better server, this was the first one that popped up.
    edited November 2014 #48
    Nice Job @Duke 350
    all my devices are 8.1, I'd like to see you test on that!!!

• M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    edited November 2014 #49
    Yeah, i got it to work on my vysta, but that will turn Win 10 when available. Yes NJ... I downloaded drivers from there. Windows RT is not supported. If it were it would be in the drivers pakage. Though I wonder if it would work on Surface RT if it had Win 8? Probably not since the message was "windows rt does not support this device" I did the troubleshoot and so forth, no deal!. Tried it on my chinese tab, 3g light lid up, but no internet. Tablet is in repair now due to lcd issue, I will try it when I get it back, I was too concerned about the lcd issue to mess with the rest at that point.
    @M.A. II Lopez

what about compatibility Mode? I don't have RT...does it have this mode too?

Duke 350 said:

Working fine on 7. I didn't try to find a closer or better server, this was the first one that popped up.

@Duke 350‌ , that good speed on WiMax.
    [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.