FreedomPop Deals: Free USB Modem!

Comments

• Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    It should work OK @Dan C.‌ , you still have to download sprint smartview to use it.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dan C.
    The only windows 8 this won't work on is Windows 8 RT...8.1 RT---But the link will work with 7 and windows 8/8.1

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,352FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014 #79
    Yes, it works in windows of all flavors, except surface RT.
    @ali, do you have a good link to the free modem ? ( u600)
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rich Sias ( LastDay: 16th )‌ We can't order any more u600's since they're all out of stock... This is the best bet for a free 250U
  • Freedom SchultheissFreedom Schultheiss Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I got one! Now I just need to get a logic board for my Macbook Pro so I can put this puppy to good use! Anyone know if it's compatible with a Mac?
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,352FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a Mac version available. It does not support the newest version of Mac. Google "Sprint SmartView". There are PC, Mac, and Linux versions listed.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Freedom Schultheiss
    It is compatible with Mac as long as your not using Mac OS 10.9 Maverick-it can be anything up to that version....@ali has a hack for it, I believe if you have Maverick?

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    Strange... I cannot find that Apple setup thread where Ali provided hacked Mac drivers for the newer OS versions.
    Ali said:

@Brian McPherson@Adolfo Galvan‌ I have a hacked version of Sprint Smartview for OS X Mavericks and Yosemite. Want a link?

here ya go djink

My mac that has been flooded by a 7yr old's icecream soda needs a logic board. But if/when I fix it, it has snow leopard. I did see the downloads page on Sprint. I noticed that there was a setup guide for Linux as well, which is what's installed on the laptop that I currently have as a loaner. I also have a PowerBook Mac that runs OS X 4.11 Tiger, but I doubt that's even an option with this USB modem. Or is it?
    Go to the download page for the Mac and check out what it says. Can always try it and see if it works. I think the instructions say to install before plugging it in. Read to be sure.
    @Freedom Schultheiss
    Have you already purchased the usb-If so, just try it like rich mentioned. Please post results.

Hey y'all... Click here to download the hacked file :D
    @djinks‌
    There ya go....

@Ali‌
    can you explain what they can use this on......for the new memebers

@njfulwider5‌ @anynewmemberswhoneedtoknowhowtheheckyouusethisthing Basically you are able to use this confirmed on OS X Mavericks and Yosemite. The 4G Light may or may not light up for your device but it indeed works. Mountain Lion may or may not work as one of my friends mountain lion system doesnt work at all but another mountain lion system does work... It depends on your luck ;)
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    It for Mac OS X 10.9 and 10.10.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".

@Freedom Schultheiss
    Have you already purchased the usb-If so, just try it like rich mentioned. Please post results.

I have a few options of laptops to try it on, all of which are currently unstable systems...1. Mac OSX 10.4 Tiger with PowerPC; 2. Mac OSX 10.6 SnowLeopard with Intel Core Duo; 3. Dell running Ubuntu (with clean install of the latest version); 4. A TBD new (to me) laptop that I may have no choice but to adopt.
    Regardless, I have high hopes to have at least one workable machine by the time the device arrives. And yes of course, I will post my results.
    I haven't received my 250u device yet but now that it's on order (luckily it was free), I've just discovered that I may not get to try it out afterall. Last weekend I had to unexpectedly relocate my current "home" address to an area that doesnt have WiMax coverage, and, as I'm seeing now, 4G is "weak" at this address. So in order for me to get online, im forced to sit outside in the blistery cold... which is where im sitting now, while using my Photon. I don't know if I'll have a chance to offer a better update for my 250u, but if anything changes, I'll be sure to post one. :neutral_face:
  • Barbara AnesBarbara Anes Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Having trouble with a MacBook Air running 10.10.1 ...U250 used to work and U600...Now both crash the computer even with the hacked file...The sprint software gets to a point where is starts to initialize then reboots....
    @Ali‌ , you're up on the Mac & Sprintview ?

@Freedom Schultheiss

I have a few options of laptops to try it on, all of which are currently unstable systems...1. Mac OSX 10.4 Tiger with PowerPC; 2. Mac OSX 10.6 SnowLeopard with Intel Core Duo; 3. Dell running Ubuntu (with clean install of the latest version); 4. A TBD new (to me) laptop that I may have no choice but to adopt.
    Regardless, I have high hopes to have at least one workable machine by the time the device arrives. And yes of course, I will post my results.
    Talking to a few members outside of FP....one guy mentioned to me-That Spartview was not compatible....But he activated his device outside of the unit...He said he did not need smartview to run it on any devices? I had always thought that you needed the software to use...so I attempted this myself...

It worked on my laptop---my home media center.....but for the life of me-couldn't get it to work on my daughters PC.....

Just might be something to try?

@Jorge M. ‌ You may want to close this thread as the deal expired.
    Update...
    Still waiting for my modem. It was unable to be delivered into my PO Box (assuming it has something to do with the shipping method) and is being held at my USPS. I'll have to try again after the New Year, when their hours aren't so screwy. So much for my free month tho :neutral_face:
    @Freedom Schultheiss‌ That isn't good... good luck getting it. You realize your USB modem can be on the free plan, right?
    @Freedom Schultheiss
    these guys use a box that is 10 x 8 x 6 to place the devices in when they ship--even usb-s.....Box was probably to big for the Po box...

This discussion has been closed.