**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Battery charging problems

Erin JoyceErin Joyce Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
I received my iPhone 5 yesterday afternoon. It initially charged fine. I'm hoping I just didn't charge it enough.This morning, I needed to charge it and the phone would not acknowledge the cord that you sent me. I then went online and read that this is a VERY common problem with the iPhone 5's. One suggestion on the apple website was to do a system restore and start from the beginning. That seemed to work..... Till I tried to reactivate everything. Apple is connecting my phone to the previous owner of this phone. Bad enough some of her information was still in an app. Need some help here. Phone is pointless to me at this point. For people on limited means, this free plan is ideal... IF it works.........

Thanks,

Erin

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Erin Joyce
    was this plugging into a pc or the wall....I noticed the other day, one of my usb ports went out as soon as I plugged my Iphone in....I had to use another usb port...I also had to restart my PC to get the usb port back that died?

on the phone(restore)...download Itunes on a PC and try a restore that way...That way will get rid of all the old owners stuff....

let me know?

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Erin JoyceErin Joyce Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    @njfulwider5‌ this was pluging into a wall. The same charger worked fine for my iPad. I tried a coworkers charger and it did not work either. I'll try the iTunes/computer angle when I get home and see if that makes a difference. I'll let you know.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Erin Joyce
    I'd also recommend....maybe stopping by a fred myers(or other) on the way home and pick up a new cord....you don't want a messed up cord when doing a restore in itunes...--Just encase it is the cord....

the restore in Itunes will erase everything, even old account...just like it would be if you purchased it brand new....(activation should be an issue--if you've already activated.....once you go threw all the setting in the beginning --when you first open a new iphone...download the FP app...and your all good...

make sure after you do the restore---don't accidentally restore the back up afterwards....

also if your not upgraded to IOS8.1...its going to do this too...make sure this is what you want before you do--if your still running IOS7

You can PM me, or @sign my name here when you decide to do this-if you have any questions...

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@njfulwider5‌. Apple recognizes the phone as still linked to someone else. They had it linked to Find my phone. I did go and get another charger too. I'm in the process of downloading the new iTunes updates, so I haven't gotten too far.
    @Erin Joyce
    is that threw the cloud? be very careful...if you don't have the password...or it is reported as missing...you'll end up with a cloud lock...

I hate using the cloud...on the off chance I might forget my password?

You'll need the password to do a full restore---but you did one already--not threw itunes---so its the same---so you already have all the stuff you need?right???-I tunes just deletes all traces of the old account--

Just make sure after the restore...you don't download the back up --back onto the phone...or you'll have all the old persons stuff again..

did you get the iphone from freedompop? If you did. might be time to call customer service and ask why it is still linked to another account?

@njfulwider5‌ when I did the reset through the phone and tried to set the phone through iTunes again, it tells me that the phone is linked to the other persons email address thanks to it being on Find my Phone. Personally, I think I'm **** right now. I've been up since 3:00 AM (EST). So my brain is kinda scrambled too!! I did get it from FreedomPop. Not impressed right now. When I had the phone on the computer and had iTunes up, when I clicked on "device" it gives me no option to back up or restore the phone. no problem with the iPad though.
    @njfulwider5‌ The customer service said that iTunes can do a master reset of the password. Thereby linking the phone to my email account. They say it's not their fault.
    OHHH so you are cloud Locked???am I reading this correct?

Is there anyway you can get ahold of the old owner and ask for the password?

Cloud lock is the devil of Iphones....

let me know

Did you purchase this from freedompop????

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Erin Joyce‌ If your phone is iCloud locked spontaneously then I recommend trying to do a DFU restore and then if that fails then return ur phone. Trust me the service is awesome but if your phone doesnt work then thats gotta suck.
    @Ali‌
    This would be very strange if this came from freedompop that way?

@njfulwider5‌ I would say so, especially how it was factory erased when it got to @Erin Joyce‌ but suddenly theres spontaneous iCloud info being there. I wish doulCi worked right now...
    @Ali‌ and @njfulwider5‌ The phone is linked to an AOL address. Mine is Yahoo. It was purchased through Freedom pop. It initially set up perfectly! Smooth set up. Could a local Apple Store do anything for it?
    @Ali‌ "DFU?" Are you meaning a factory reset?
    https://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/DFU_Mode

So if it was cloud locked threw freedompop, shouldn't you be able to return the device...
    I think its time a admin steps in???here are there names..

@Britknee_‌ @KathyFP‌ @JasmineS‌ @Jorge M @FreedomPop‌ @K_Ber‌ @Taylor‌
    @Darla_A‌ @Vanessa‌ @EdwinFreedomPop‌ @GeorgeD‌ @lolabee

or customer service call the 1 (888) 701-1353, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm PDT

I went ahead and threw the @sign in there for you to reach an admin
    But they gone till monday morning....It is possible to get ahold of CS On Saturdays sometimes...But I bet it is a super long wait??

I wouldn't use DFU mode, till you knew for sure that you needed it...I have seen way way to many people that don't know that much about there phones....stuck in recovery mode...

If this is a freedompop phone....and you purchase it like this...you need to talk to a admin or CS before you proceed...I hate to see you loose all the money you invested in this purchase...for a void warranty...

This is just my Opinion and suggestion....

@njfulwider5‌ DFU mode isn't going to do any harm, if you keep the phone connected and restore it properly.
    @Ali‌
    For me and YOU.....It maybe, but for somebody new to this whole Iphone thing...might not be so easy...

@njfulwider5‌ It involves pressing a few buttons in a timed fashion, if anything happens the iPhone won't get any issues. Its pretty easy to do it and no harm is possible.
    I guess i was one of the blonde ones the first time....LOL

iTunes keeps telling me that there is a problem downloading the software. It's acknowledging that there is an iPhone 5 there and does not list a serial number. I wouldn't expect it to show that though.
    @ali.....Have you heard of this?

@Erin Joyce
    what steps did you take so far to get there?

edited November 2014 #24
    @Erin Joyce‌ Did you try to download your correct IPSW file? Press restore while holding down shift and locate your IPSW file. If a restore doesn't go through then your iPhone is defective and you need to return it to FreedomPop.

Or try to turn on the phone normally by pressing power and home until the phone turns on and then try restoring the regular way.

@njfulwider5‌
  • EljoyceEljoyce Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I ended up takin the easy way out. Sent the phone back to Freedom Pop. Bought an iPhone 4 @ Best Buy and have had NO problems. Thank you for all of your advice though.