**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Freedompop Phone App account not recognized

Leo TamLeo Tam Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
Hi,

When I try to log in it says, "oops something went wrong. this account is not configured with a phone number. Try creating a new account". It was working fine previously as recently as a couple days ago. I'm on an iPhone 5 iOS 8.1. Last time this happened, my phone no longer appeared in the web browser login, but this time the phone is still here. Last time some sort of admin had to go in and fix the account and it took a week. Please fix this faster, a bit discouraging!

Thanks!

Leo

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Leo Tam
    When the new app update came out...did you just update, or did you uninstall, restart and re-install the app...making sure to mark yes to all questions when it asked during the install..?

also do you have Back ground app refresh on for the app?

settings....general....background app refresh....check to make sure freedompop is green...

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Leo TamLeo Tam Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    @njfulwider5‌
    I just updated, like you would any other app. It worked fine for weeks...

Yes background app refresh is on. Thanks
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should try the uninstall >>>reset >>>>and re-install?

I had the same issues when I first updated..after I did this, my service is back to normal..

I think when I just uninstalled and re-installed with out the reset...It still had traces of the old app...I was still logged in/ and had the same issues....once I did the reset...it was like i just download the app and it was brand new....

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Leo TamLeo Tam Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Hmm I uninstalled, restarted, and then reinstalled and it still had the same error. I am guessing it must be server side like last time...
  • @Leo Tam‌ hey! have you attempted a PRL/profile update?
    "Don't forget to vote on our latest Poll for a chance to win some FreedomPop gear! :) https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7284/where-do-you-take-your-portable-hotspot-device#latest"